HTC ONE M7 - Heat issue? or Faulty Battery? Weird - MAJOR crashing issue

mearylll

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi, i hope you can help with my issue with my m7 phone.

I have an issue with my phone randomly crashing and shutting down all of a sudden.

For example i may charge it fully to 100% and use it like normal.... then if i decide to watch say a 1 hour video..... it suddenly after some time (varies 30-90 mins) while it is playing it shuts down and goes black, and is not a normal shutdown.

When i try and press the power button it does not switch on... i then plug in and see all charge has been lost and it is at 0-3%??

I really want to get to the bottom of this issue, and hope you could help?

Do you think if i get the battery replaced with a new one it will fix this?
Or is the issue with the motherbaord/cpu/other..... which basically means my phone is not worth repairing and i should bin it?

I hope someone can help as this is a relatively new phone so should have no issues.

Thanks in advance

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
This does seem odd but the mentioning a faulty motherboard or something hardware related to over heating is a possibility. Although I am a past M7 owner myself I can't exactly remember what type of battery life I achieved while watching video's it is also possible that you are draining the battery down to almost nothing watching video for that length of time. You would also have to factor in is it over WIFI or mobile data which could have an impact on battery life.

mearylll

Nov 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi thanks for your reply. Yes it is odd.... i have had a look at the temp and it is 27 c,..... so seems ok, but still randomly crashes

If it was the motherboard how would i know? is it worth paying for a repair service at a shop? or buy another phone?

Hope you can help

vbdwork

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
I hope someone can help as this is a relatively new phone so should have no issues.

All original M7 phones were produced in 2013, so yours can't be relatively new. Usual battery life is about 2 years, even if you don't use the phone. My guess is the battery is going bad.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol