HTC One M7 mini stuck in Fastboot, how can I fix it?

A

AC Question

HTC One M7 mini stuck in Fastboot

A relative of mine wants to retrieve pictures from her old HTC, but isn't able to properly turn it on. Whenever you want to switch it on or plug it into a power supply it boots into fastboot mode from where the options recovery, reboot, etc. are displayed. However when you want to leave fastboot mode by choosing one of these options the screen turns black and it when it turns back on again you are greeted by fastboot again. I was told that she had this problem while she was still using the phone but could launch the OS normally after rebooting a few times.
The tech clerk at the service provider store said that the problem was a crack at the side of the device, right next to the volume buttons, which caused them to constantly pressed down. But although that could actually make sense, the thing is that i can navigate through the fastboot menu with those buttons perfectly fine.
Also, there seem to be plenty of people online who have the same problem (with no cracks mentioned), but not a lot of people who have found a solution. Since i can't launch recovery mode from fastboot mode i tried connecting the phone to my laptop, however there is no sign of a connected device except for the default sound when I plug it in. I downloaded the HTC driver, the HTC fastboot driver, the universal Android fastboot driver and HTC Sync but none of these helped at all. In one thread, it was adviced to use sdk commands but i figured that wouldn't make a whole lot of sense if the device isn't recognized by the computer in the first place.
I don't need to make the phone usable again so wiping it and flashing a new rom (if it is possible at all) is not necessary. I just want to recover the pictures from the internal sd without having to open the closed case.

Thanks in adavance for any and all suggestions!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt