HTC ONE M7 (802W) Phone Storage Not Available To Store [.] Can I get some help?

A

AC Question

HTC ONE M7 (802W) "Phone Storage Not Available To Store [..]"

Hi everyone, I've been trying all day to resolve this problem.
I have a ROOTED with TWRP recovery HTC One M7 dual sim, I used a custom ROM because the stock 5.0.2 L was draining my battery very fast.

But a week ago I "restored" the lollipop update that I saved on my PC.
All went fine but the problem is that I can't (example) download any file from Dropbox or I can't see Whatsapp users' pics, can't download vocal messages or pics shared on groups.
Whenever I try to download (37.5Mb) update it pops up this:

"Your phone storage is not available to store the system software update because it is being used by your PC as USB storage. Disconnect USB and press OK to start the download, or press Cancel to exit."
Even though it isn't connected to the PC.

Should I get back to stock recovery and unroot?

Someone could help me?

-John

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Re: HTC ONE M7 (802W) "Phone Storage Not Available To Store [..]"

Hi everyone, I've been trying all day to resolve this problem.
I have a ROOTED with TWRP recovery HTC One M7 dual sim, I used a custom ROM because the stock 5.0.2 L was draining my battery very fast.

But a week ago I "restored" the lollipop update that I saved on my PC.
All went fine but the problem is that I can't (example) download any file from Dropbox or I can't see Whatsapp users' pics, can't download vocal messages or pics shared on groups.
Whenever I try to download (37.5Mb) update it pops up this:

"Your phone storage is not available to store the system software update because it is being used by your PC as USB storage. Disconnect USB and press OK to start the download, or press Cancel to exit."
Even though it isn't connected to the PC.

Should I get back to stock recovery and unroot?

Someone could help me?

-John

Welcome to Android Central!

I would download the stock RUU file from HTC and reflash the phone to stock. That should fix any partition issues and then start your root process again.

ROM Downloads for your HTC smartphone - Support | HTC United States