My apps updated although set to do not auto-update apps

GillBi

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I have an HTC One M7 and this morning there was a notification of updates. I did what I do normally which was to start updating the first app when it suddenly started updating all of them, one after the other with no input from me until I managed to find & press 'stop'.
My phone was set to 'Do not auto-update apps' before and is still set to that now. Somehow this was over-ridden - any suggestions as to how I can stop it doing this again?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! How did you go about trying to update the first app? Did you go to your My Apps list in Google Play Store first, then tap the Update button for that one app? Or was there an Update button in the notification?

GillBi

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for replying.
I get notifications of apps with updates in a sort of pull-down thing at the top of the screen (sorry, I don't know the proper names). I click on an individual app there which takes me to that app in the Play Store and I click on update. I did that today but, after clicking update, I was looking at something else while it was installing which was when I realised other apps were updating.
Hope that makes sense & it's what you were asking.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Is there any way you might have gone initially to the My Apps/Installed list, and tapped the Update All button by accident?

GillBi

Apr 21, 2016
Visit site
I suppose it's possible but unlikely I would have thought. There are some apps I don't want updated so I'm always really careful. But thanks for responding. I guess I'll need to wait for the next updates to appear and see what happens then.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis