I've owned this phone since launch, and the only issue I had was the purple camera haze. Fortunately I sent my phone in to HTC and had that fixed immediately. It has survived numerous drops (built like a tank), has a dated yet still reliable OIS camera, great front facing speakers, the light Sense UI, and is just a great overall no nonsense gets what you want done phone. I like it even more than the One M8 or M9. I feel this phone was the one to inspire so many of the current phones out there now.

Does anybody else feel this phone has been "old faithful" and can't let go?

Feel free to show your M7 love here!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-07-2016 05:40 PM
    Hi! So glad you like your M7! When it first came out, I had really wanted it! Definitely seems like a solid phone.
    11-07-2016 06:03 PM
    I too bought the One m7 at launch and loved it but I decided to upgrade to the m8 in 2014 during its launch and as I type on it at this very moment, I really appreciate this device.. The One line in general are just great devices HTC came up with, to bad the marketing wasn't there really! The M8 is my favorite smartphone I have ever owned!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    11-07-2016 10:49 PM
    I too bought the One m7 at launch and loved it but I decided to upgrade to the m8 in 2014 during its launch and as I type on it at this very moment, I really appreciate this device.. The One line in general are just great devices HTC came up with, to bad the marketing wasn't there really! The M8 is my favorite smartphone I have ever owned!
    I agree with you about the marketing! I think HTC is an amazing manufacturer and it's too bad that the marketing isn't as "fierce" as it could be.
    11-08-2016 05:10 PM
    I do love my HTC One. It has been a great phone for the past 3+ years. Sadly, I just pulled the trigger on a new phone over the weekend after looking at some of the deals. Ended up with the phone that looks like a larger version of the M7, the ZTE Axon 7. I had to finally stop using this phone as my daily driver because the battery is starting to go. It will go from 20% to 5% and then zero in a span of 15 minutes every now and then.

Strangely, the purple tint seems to have gone away on my phone. It had been pretty bad over the past year or so, but recently it seems much better. I don't take a ton of pictures with it so I can't say how much better but it surprised me the other day when I tried to snap a picture of something and it actually showed up clear on my screen.

I'm definitely going to keep this phone as a back-up because it is definitely still serviceable. It has a great build quality as mine is still going strong after over 3 years without being in a case. Just has some dings on the corners where it has landed on numerous occasions.
    11-29-2016 09:49 AM