So I've been wondering if I was to get an M7, would I get LTE on T-Mobile? I don't remember if LTE was available back when the M7 was released. Main reason I want an M7 is because of the build and price. It's still an amazing phone, and the prices are extremely low (to be expected). I wouldn't mind having an M8 either (does it also have LTE?) but I still prefer the design of the M7.

Would I need to buy an unlocked version or will the carrier specific model have LTE? And if it supports LTE, will it still work now? I know carriers update their spectrum every chance they can, so I'm not sure if a phone as old as the M7 will still be able to grab LTE on T-Mobile.
    12-09-2017 10:04 PM
    So I've been wondering if I was to get an M7, would I get LTE on T-Mobile? I don't remember if LTE was available back when the M7 was released. Main reason I want an M7 is because of the build and price. It's still an amazing phone, and the prices are extremely low (to be expected). I wouldn't mind having an M8 either (does it also have LTE?) but I still prefer the design of the M7.

Would I need to buy an unlocked version or will the carrier specific model have LTE? And if it supports LTE, will it still work now? I know carriers update their spectrum every chance they can, so I'm not sure if a phone as old as the M7 will still be able to grab LTE on T-Mobile.
    You shouldn't have any issues with getting LTE with the M7. I'd be more worried about the battery, honestly. An M8 would be a safer bet if you're looking to get a decent phone for less, as you're more likely to have a good battery and the processor is just better all around. The M7 was a little underpowered then, and that's even more exaggerated now. The Snapdragon 801 is still a good processor though, if a little inefficient.
    12-09-2017 10:16 PM