Recently my wife's HTC One M7 won't let her send an email. When she gets to the message part she gets the message; "Unfortunately, Mail has stopped". When she tries to receive emails using the cell towers it just keeps buffering until it times out. However, if she tries with our WiFi it does receive, but still does not allow sending. Her email is POP3 through Suddenlink.net. Calling and receiving calls works fine. Texts are also fine.

She is running Android Lollipop 5.0.2; HTC Sense 6.0; Software number 6.22.605.6; HTC API level 6.55; PRI version 4.79_002; PRL version 15516; ERI version 5.

Any suggestions?
    12-01-2018 06:49 PM
    Try Settings>Apps, select the Mail app, then Clear Cache. If that doesn't help, and if all of her emails are safely stored on the server, then also Clear Data. She might have to add the email account back afterwards.
    12-01-2018 07:41 PM
    I cleared the cache but this did not do anything. When I try to check for new emails using Verizon it will continue to say "Updating . . ." until it times out. On WiFi it will immediately download any new emails. However, either way it will not send (mail has stopped).

I did find that in the sync area it says "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly." It has been saying that for days. Could that be part of the problem in some way? I would like to know before I clear data.
    12-03-2018 08:14 PM
    BTW. Her gmail account will send and receive on WiFi. But, it will not send or receive using cell service. So, the problem does not appear to be caused by the email apps. It seems to be the cell service. I have her on TracFone using CDMA which I suppose is Verizon. She has been on TracFone for many years since she does not use the phone very much. All the calling features and texting work, just not email. Now what?
    12-03-2018 08:51 PM
    Weird. A problem with the mobile data signal shouldn't in itself cause the Mail app to crash -- it should just time out. I think it's still worth clearing the cache and data from the Mail app, and then re-adding the email account.

For the mobile data problem, have you spoken to TracFone about this? Has she exceeded her monthly data allotment, and maybe it's being severely throttled right now?
    12-04-2018 12:53 AM