09-03-2015 10:55 AM
269 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I brought the Spigen HTC One (M8) Ultra Hybrid case. Won't ship until the end of April but that's cool. Liking the phone naked for now.

http://www.spigen.com/brands/htc/htc...ra-hybrid.html

Posted via my HTC One (M8)
    04-19-2014 05:46 AM
    Picked up the Speck Candy Shell from Best Buy. Really doesn't add much bulk and adds some nice grip. Is black, wish they made a clear one.
    Have you tried this: Amazon.com: Speck Products GemShell Clear Case for HTC One M8 Smartphone, SPK-A2761 - Carrying Case - Retail Packaging - Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Pretty sure it's just like a clear version of the Candyshell. Also, can you post pics of the phone with the Candyshell on it?
    04-20-2014 08:20 AM
    I got this in the mail yesterday. Amazon.com: GreatShield Legacy Series Ultra Slim Fit Hybrid Kickstand Case for HTC One M8 (2014) - Retail Packaging (Black / Hot Pink Accents): Cell Phones & Accessories My Otterbox is great at protecting but thick and the charging port has the cover in the way. This feels great not as heavy but after we put it on I noticed a little messed up spot on my Zagg glass protector had to push it back down but I think it's ok now and this is kind of cute and i just really wanted a kickstand and it's cute. My husband is getting a black and red one which there out of right now. I couldn't afford the Seidio right now which I love.
    04-20-2014 06:37 PM
    woops found the answer
    04-20-2014 11:27 PM
    I got this clear tpu one
    NEW CLEAR TPU HYDRO GEL CASE COVER SKIN + FILM FOR HTC ONE 2 M8 2014 | eBay

It's absolutely crystal clear and it's TPU so it's flexible. Has a nice glossy surface which actually makes the M8 more obviously metal shining through it, and yet it makes the phone much easier to grip safely.

Some people have commented that this type of case causes lens flare in photos when the flash is used because the material acts like an optical fibre with the light, but also added that running round the edges of the camera cutouts with a black permanent marker was enough to cure it.

It's probably a tad thicker than I would like as these cases tend to be and as others have said there's a bit of a join edge that runs around the sides. I carefully sliced away the rough edge with a very sharp craft knife within a few seconds and it's much nicer to hold now.

I use it in a slip case I've made myself out of neoprene which includes a wee pouch for my train pass and folds over to completely enclose and protect the phone. I'll use that until some case maker comes up with a nice leather version.

The TPU case is fine for now, and as long as I remove it regularly and clean out any bits of grit that have gotten inside it I'm sure it'll protect the phone pretty well. It certainly looks miles better than the horrible grey one that came in the box.

That hybrid fusion one (clear brittle plastic with black rubber edges) looks really nice too, but I think the clear TPU will be more shock absorbent, shatter resistant and scratch proof.
    04-21-2014 05:16 AM
    Well sob yes it does, I didn't even think about that. Good thing its only temporary.

Sent from my HTC M8
    It DOES NOT cover the IR Blaster... I have this case and the IR Blaster works fine...

Lego
    04-21-2014 11:00 AM
    I'll add my support for the Unicorn Beetle by SUPCASE. Good price, tight fit, looks cool, and the name is pretty rad.

Amazon.com: SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    04-22-2014 03:47 AM
    This case looks awesome!

- - - Updated - - -

This case looks awesome!
    04-22-2014 12:15 PM
    I'll add my support for the Unicorn Beetle by SUPCASE. Good price, tight fit, looks cool, and the name is pretty rad.

Amazon.com: SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Agreed. This case is perfect for me.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-23-2014 10:54 AM
    Although it does make the IR blaster a little less reliable.

04-23-2014 10:55 AM
    Just got my Supcase today and fitted it.
    Really tight fit and perfectly cut case.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/SUPCASE-All-New-HTC-Case/dp/B00IJ0R02Y/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid=1396597471&sr=8-13&keywords=htc+one+m8+case

Sorry about the pics (taken with a GS3)
    HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-2014-04-23-17.51.01.jpg
    HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-2014-04-23-17.51.17.jpg
    HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-2014-04-23-17.51.48.jpg
    04-23-2014 01:02 PM
    Nice looking! Do you feel like it makes the phone appreciably (uncomfortably?) thicker?
    04-23-2014 01:49 PM
    I will be using a Piel Frama iMagnum leather case (HTC One M8 Cases - Cowskin - iMagnum Black). I used the same type of case on my former phone (HTC Inspire). Yes, it covers the beauty of the phone, and of course results in a thicker device, but my goal is to be sure that the phone is well-protected (but in a nice way i.e., not Otterbox style) when I am using it in places where a drop would be bad news (on the bus; walking around in airports, city streets, stores; etc). And I did drop my Inspire multiple times in potentially bad places but the flip cover either stayed put or at least deflected the blow from the ground every time, and no screen damage occurred.
    04-23-2014 02:02 PM
    Nice looking! Do you feel like it makes the phone appreciably (uncomfortably?) thicker?
    The case makes the phone feel a bit thicker but not uncomfortably so and the extra grip is reassuring.
    I'm finding it more comfy than naked because it feels more solid.
    Only had it for a couple of hours so time will tell.
    The IR blaster still works, which is nice.
    04-23-2014 02:49 PM
    I find the phone to be much more comfortable and stable to hold when in the Unicorn case. I like how the edges of the bumper are coarse, which make it much easier to grip when pulling out of pocket. I have noticed the flash cutout is a bit too small and affects some of the pics I've taken with flash. The company says they are working on an updated design with a bigger flash opening. Still a great case!
    04-23-2014 07:41 PM

I got that same case yesterday. It looks decent, but I don't like the way it feels. And the cutout for the headphone jack is too small for my heaphones and also the aux cable in my car. Neither one of them will fully seat, so it cuts out the left channel and activiates voice dialing if it is jiggled a little bit. So I'm looking for a new case to replace this one.

I'm leaning towards the Seidio Surface http://www.amazon.com/Seidio-Surface-Case-Metal-Kickstand/dp/B00JJSPZ4A/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1398222457&sr=8-9&keywords=seidio+surface+htc+one+m8, mainly for the kickstand, or the Stylish & Slim HTC One M8 Case | Symmetry Series by OtterBox.
    B0WIE likes this.
    04-23-2014 08:22 PM
    I have the Seidio Surface case with Kickstand. I like it very much.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk
    kbp08tls likes this.
    04-24-2014 12:23 AM
    I have the Seidio Surface case with Kickstand. I like it very much. I also have Verizon' Clear case with the Black TPU edge, which I also like very much.

04-24-2014 12:28 AM
    Amazon is freakin' amazing! I ordered the Otterbox Symmetry this morning before 10. I chose local express delivery, and it was at my doorstep a little after 7.
    So far I'm liking it better than the Supcase.
    04-24-2014 09:26 PM
    I am currently switching between two cases. The first is one that I bought the day I got the phone (about 2 weeks ago), a Incipio DualPro. I really like the feel of the case, it fits well, just wish the cutouts for the camera and flash were separate and not one larger cutout.
    HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-incipio1.jpg HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-incipio2.jpg

The second case I am using is a Spigen Slim Armor. This case fits slightly better than the Incipio, especially since they have separate cut outs for the lower camera and the flash. This case doesn't feel as great as the Incipio, but I do like how it looks more like the phone without a case.
    HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-spigen2.jpg HTC One (M8): What is everyone using for cases?-spigen1.jpg

The Incipio catches a little more attention and feels better. Like the attention to detail that Spigen used on their case. Neither add much weight or bulk to the phone. Overall I like both cases and will use both regularly.
    comsense24 and LonestarROB like this.
    04-24-2014 09:57 PM
    I am currently switching between two cases. The first is one that I bought the day I got the phone (about 2 weeks ago), a Incipio DualPro. I really like the feel of the case, it fits well, just wish the cutouts for the camera and flash were separate and not one larger cutout.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incipio1.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	114676 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	incipio2.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	634.9 KB 
ID:	114677

The second case I am using is a Spigen Slim Armor. This case fits slightly better than the Incipio, especially since they have separate cut outs for the lower camera and the flash. This case doesn't feel as great as the Incipio, but I do like how it looks more like the phone without a case.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spigen2.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	251.0 KB 
ID:	114679 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	spigen1.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	478.0 KB 
ID:	114678

The Incipio catches a little more attention and feels better. Like the attention to detail that Spigen used on their case. Neither add much weight or bulk to the phone. Overall I like both cases and will use both regularly.
    Does either one feel more confortable to hold than the other? And have you had any issues with the flash in low light conditions with either case?

04-24-2014 10:05 PM
    Does either one feel more confortable to hold than the other? And have you had any issues with the flash in low light conditions with either case?

Neither feel bad. I actually like how both feel. The Incipio is a little larger, but seems to have more resistance and less likely to slip out of your hand. The Spigen is a little slicker but is slightly smaller. And with the flash, I haven't noticed any issues. The one note about the Spigen, and it has been mentioned on here before, the IR doesn't work through the case. I don't use it, so not a big deal for me. It works fine with the Incipio.
    04-24-2014 10:10 PM
    This is the case that I am using...

SUPCASE

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-All-Ne...cUvbUpU3611235

Sent from my RCT6378W2
    04-27-2014 08:18 PM
    This is the case that I am using...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/04/28/9y4azuhy.jpg

SUPCASE

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-All-Ne...cUvbUpU3611270

Sent from my RCT6378W2
    I got one just like this from amcase. It is trash. The top and bottom of the black tpu part stick out away from the edge of the phone. And I hate that this part of the case is glossy.
    04-27-2014 08:32 PM
    Has anyone seen any TPU/plastic bumper cases??
    All they have on eBay are the aluminum ones. But i think those will cause interference.
    04-29-2014 05:46 PM
269 ... 45678 ...