HTC One (M8): The Dot view case

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC One: The Dot view case

That is too bad. Hopefully HTC will build in 3rd party support through the Dot View app. It would be really cool to be able to use some 3rd party apps.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

Where did you order yours from? I was Googling the case and some website came up but it said Canada and they weren't available but the code Spring2014 knocked off 10 bucks off the case. I just wasn't familiar with the company. And I know this one picture C-Net or somewhere said it could be used as a kickstand and showed it folded over. I just called Best Buy she said noone in this district has it but at one time it shows they had all colors and it's an active item.

The notifications from the case are only for the default HTC apps right? So it won't work with things like Textra, or hangouts or cal?

My case arrives tomorrow, and while I love the functionality, I use very few of the stock HTC apps.

blackhawksfan75

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site

I would like to get a Dot View case, but HTC online is all sold out and no retail store in Canada has any for sale. The sad part is that when I ask a sales clerk if they will be getting any no one knows what I am talking about.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Where did you order yours from? I was Googling the case and some website came up but it said Canada and they weren't available but the code Spring2014 knocked off 10 bucks off the case. I just wasn't familiar with the company. And I know this one picture C-Net or somewhere said it could be used as a kickstand and showed it folded over. I just called Best Buy she said noone in this district has it but at one time it shows they had all colors and it's an active item.

I ordered mine through Verizon (despite being a T-Mobile customer) they had the black, and HTC only had the other colors available. My sister wanted the S-view case, so I ordered both to get the free overnight shipping.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

That is too bad. Hopefully HTC will build in 3rd party support through the Dot View app. It would be really cool to be able to use some 3rd party apps.

Yeah that would be great and I hope it's something they're in the process of implementing. In a way that makes sense of course.

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

So I got this case and I mostly like it, I just feel like it has so much more potential.

For instance - Why not let me use the camera with it flipped closed? I could still mostly see the picture through the dots and would be a lot easier than holding it open.
Also, the front facing camera - why bother putting a hole in the front cover for the front camera if you're not going to let me take a picture with it, the only reason I can come up with to have that hole there is that maybe the phone uses the camera to determine if the phone is being held to your ear for answering the phone? OK fine if that's the case but if you're going to have the hole...why not let me use the camera? you can see enough through the dot holes to make it useful.

Finally - why not show all notifications on there why is it limited to the stock apps?

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I have an issue with this case. Just got my phone and case, and the case doesn't close all the way. Was there supposed to be a magnet of some sort? Am I just not doing something right?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

What is the S View Case? Anyway I went to HTC there out no one has the colored ones only black.

I ordered mine through Verizon (despite being a T-Mobile customer) they had the black, and HTC only had the other colors available. My sister wanted the S-view case, so I ordered both to get the free overnight shipping.

cizzlen

Oct 31, 2011
Visit site

For anyone wondering, I just checked Verizon's website and they have it in stock online. I'm about to buy it, with 2 day shipping.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site

What is the S View Case? Anyway I went to HTC there out no one has the colored ones only black.

The S view case is the smart window case for the new S5.

EDIT: Finally got my case on and used it for a while. I like the functionality for the weather and time, I don't use stock HTC apps, so I don't get any of the other notifications, and the curved back flat front thing does make it pretty difficult to use one handed. I'll try it for a few more days, but I might just switch to a traditional case if I don't like it. The voice dialing and picking up/ignoring calls from the case is pretty cool though. I'd like to see them change it to swipe down for Google Now instead of HTC voice dialing, but I doubt it will happen.

Last edited:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I kind of figured it had to do with the S5.

The S view case is the smart window case for the new S5.

EDIT: Finally got my case on and used it for a while. I like the functionality for the weather and time, I don't use stock HTC apps, so I don't get any of the other notifications, and the curved back flat front thing does make it pretty difficult to use one handed. I'll try it for a few more days, but I might just switch to a traditional case if I don't like it. The voice dialing and picking up/ignoring calls from the case is pretty cool though. I'd like to see them change it to swipe down for Google Now instead of HTC voice dialing, but I doubt it will happen.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site

So, taking a page from the other thread, does anyone have the Dot View with one of the Zagg glass shield screen protectors on it? I was told it wouldn't work with one, and I realize that the Zagg glass is a bit thicker and the Dot View says right on the box it may not work. Before I pay $50+ on a screen protector I want to make sure it will work with this case.

Braini4c

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site

I managed to get the dot view case today while shopping (Finally manged to find it) I have to say i love the features of the case the only thing that is a pain is the fact that it dose sit flat on the back it can be very painful when texting just like the reviews say.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site

I'd like to know this too! Maybe I'll swing by my Sprint store and check it out. They said they would open one up and let me try it. They only have black.

So, taking a page from the other thread, does anyone have the Dot View with one of the Zagg glass shield screen protectors on it? I was told it wouldn't work with one, and I realize that the Zagg glass is a bit thicker and the Dot View says right on the box it may not work. Before I pay $50+ on a screen protector I want to make sure it will work with this case.

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site

I have the Zagg glass protector, I didn't try it on my dot view case yet but the dot view didn't work very well with cheap verizon screen protectors. what i mean by didn't work very well, is yes the functionality works, but the flap doesn't lay flat on the screen and that bugs me.

reeneebob

Banned
Aug 21, 2010
Visit site

I would like to get a Dot View case, but HTC online is all sold out and no retail store in Canada has any for sale. The sad part is that when I ask a sales clerk if they will be getting any no one knows what I am talking about.

I'm a store manager at The Source and we got ours in today.

And promptly sold out.

It's freaking sweet. I love it

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

aaronc_98

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I bought one at my local Verizon store yesterday and the dot view case works perfectly with my spigen screen protector.

Do you have the Spigen Glass Screen protector? I currently have the zagg and it does NOT work with the Dot View

Prinny Mask

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I ordered mine today from Verizon (in store, because I was upgrading three other phones and thought I might as well check). I'll get it in 3-5 days and since I got 25% off accessories, it only cost me $33. Not bad.

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I just got this case from Verizon. The thing I immediately noticed is that it doesn't stay closed completely. Unless I physically hold it down, the cover is always a little raised instead of flat against the display. Is anyone else noticing this? It makes the notifications look like crap.