HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I don't buy phones or cases very often so hopefully someone can help me work through the confusion. I want something ultra-thin and clear that is molded so it wraps around the edge. Scratch protection and better grip is all I want. Most of what I see is thick and somewhat rigid. The "thin" clear case I bought makes the phone look like a hunk of glossy plastic. Isn't there some kind of clear, molded rubber that slips over the phone?

Last edited by a moderator:

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

I haven't found anything like your describing but I have sen a few clear ones like your talking about but they are all glossy and likely scratch easily and look terrible after normal use for awhile. If I were to keep the phone I would probably get the incipio feather case or casemate barely there case. Both in black which is a matte finish and gives better grip but you do cover up the phone but those cases dont scartch as easily and look better for a lot longer.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

I haven't found anything like your describing but I have sen a few clear ones like your talking about but they are all glossy and likely scratch easily and look terrible after normal use for awhile. If I were to keep the phone I would probably get the incipio feather case or casemate barely there case. Both in black which is a matte finish and gives better grip but you do cover up the phone but those cases dont scartch as easily and look better for a lot longer.
Thanks! It looks like Case-Mate has a Barely There in clear for the M8 and it lets you have room to wipe the 2nd cam (most others circle it and you can't get it clean). It looks like they also made a cut-out for the power (instead of a bar) so I won't have my phone constantly being turned on in my pocket (oh, that sounds wrong...).
I'll be pre-ordering one tonight and will post a review next week if it's any good.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site

You could wait for a company like Invisibleshield to come out with a full body shield...Zero added bulk..plus if I remember correctly, the shield isnt very...whats the word.....slippery?

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site

You could wait for a company like Invisibleshield to come out with a full body shield...Zero added bulk..plus if I remember correctly, the shield isnt very...whats the word.....slippery?
I've used those in the past but the two things that I don't like are that;
They peel quickly.
They don't give alight lip to protect the screen when it's face-down.

However, if the Barely There doesn't work out, I'll be waiting to get a shield. I'm less worried about scratches and such than I used to be with other phones.

jev425

Aug 24, 2013
Visit site

Search "Hyperion HTC m8" on amazon and look at that case as well. Looks pretty good and they have a clear with frost or clear with smoke color. I know you said you want clear but for me I'd go for those because they are textured so easier to grip and won't scratch as badly as a completely clear transparent case.

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
The Poetic definitely looks thicker than I want (the Spigen I'm returning is the same thickness). The KaysCase looks really thin but I think the Barely There design will be better when it comes to wiping the camera lenses and that's something of a priority. $25 for a molded plastic sleeve is criminal but, if it turns out to be decent, I'll have no problem with that.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Got this one for my girlfriend:

http://www.amazon.com/amCase-Verizo...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3570317

I was very surprised with it and it's very thin, also it helps with grip. For a penny I wasn't expecting much but it fit better and feels and looks better than I thought, overall very pleased with it. I was gonna get one for myself if I liked it but then we wouldn't be able to tell our phones apart (we both have gunmetal)

So I think In gonna pick this one up for myself:

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-All-N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3570317

Posted via Android Central App

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't buy phones or cases very often so hopefully someone can help me work through the confusion. I want something ultra-thin and clear that is molded so it wraps around the edge. Scratch protection and better grip is all I want. Most of what I see is thick and somewhat rigid. The "thin" clear case I bought makes the phone look like a hunk of glossy plastic. Isn't there some kind of clear, molded rubber that slips over the phone?

Not exactly a case but maybe you like this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3570465

yuppicide

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
That case you got for your girlfriend. It says "transparent back/frosted back panel" -- is just the back transparent? I want to use my phone as a TV remote also. The Infrared sensor gets covered up by most cases out there.

EDIT: Oh crap.. that case was 1 cent! I bought it.. with $1.99 shipping it's $2 total.

Got this one for my girlfriend:

Amazon.com: amCase Hybrid Bumper Case (Black) for HTC One M8 (Verizon/ATT/Sprint) with Anti-Scratch Transparent/Frosted Back Panel [in Retail Packaging]: Cell Phones & Accessories

I was very surprised with it and it's very thin, also it helps with grip. For a penny I wasn't expecting much but it fit better and feels and looks better than I thought, overall very pleased with it. I was gonna get one for myself if I liked it but then we wouldn't be able to tell our phones apart (we both have gunmetal)

So I think In gonna pick this one up for myself:

Amazon.com: SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Unicorn Beetle Premium Hybrid Protective Case for HTC One 2014 (Frost Clear/Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

B0WIE

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Kayscase on Amazon, and it's by far the thinnest case I've ever seen. I doubt it offers much protection from a drop, but I guess it can prevent scratches.

Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -
Do you have it now and can you please post a pic? I'm thinking of getting that one too just to make a comparison but would love to see an actual pic first. I never drop my phones if there is a case since they give enough grip. So, I'm not worried about drop protection.

Not exactly a case but maybe you like this
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00HX...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3570786

Yea, that's the direction I'm going in if I can't find a thin enough case. I want to be able to see the brushed metal so frosted cases are not of interest.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
That case you got for your girlfriend. It says "transparent back/frosted back panel" -- is just the back transparent? I want to use my phone as a TV remote also. The Infrared sensor gets covered up by most cases out there.

EDIT: Oh crap.. that case was 1 cent! I bought it.. with $1.99 shipping it's $2 total.

Yes, just the back is frosted transparent. You can still clearly see through it and see the HTC logo.

Yea someone else posted a link to that case and I couldn't believe my eyes! 1 penny, I was like it would be a shame NOT to buy it! All in all the best case for the price.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have the kayscase, but didn't use it today. Decided to go with the dot view today. :)

The only thing I don't really like about the kayscase is that it is very tight and difficult to remove. Also on the bottom edge (where your USB port is) is somewhat sharp and just doesn't feel refined.

I can post a pic later.

stan23

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Here are a few pics of the case.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Joe the Insider

Trusted Member
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I bought a Kayscase on Amazon, and it's by far the thinnest case I've ever seen. I doubt it offers much protection from a drop, but I guess it can prevent scratches.

Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -

I have this as well. This is the perfect case if you want clear with no bulk. It's so incredibly thin it's pretty ridiculous. Definitely recommend.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon