HTC One (M8): Is there a really thin, clear case that's not just a flat "skin".

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
That looks promising! Looks like it covers all sides like a standard TPU but much thinner. I'm curious on the clarity. Based on the pics it looks almost as clear as a hard case. I think the pics are photoshopped a bit. Can't tell if the HTC logo will be covered, or it it was digitally removed. Can't wait to see the pics when you get it.

I also dig that case, did you get it and can give me your opinion on it?

That looks great, I also ordered one (for 3,20 euros I couldnt resist). Did you already have yours? How is it?

I finally received the Baseus case in the mail the other day, and it's ok. Not great though, although I've been using it from time to time.

Pros:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Covers all sides of the phone
  • Extremely thin, much thinner than any other TPU case

Cons:
  • Buttons are harder to press
  • Sides aren't very stiff, so they do move around a bit (although fit is pretty good, but not perfect)
  • After some use, the case gets a 'film' of residue that feels sort of funky. I assume it's buildup of skin oils. I feel like I have to wipe it off constantly

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I finally received the Baseus case in the mail the other day, and it's ok. Not great though, although I've been using it from time to time.

Pros:
  • Fully Transparent
  • Covers all sides of the phone
  • Extremely thin, much thinner than any other TPU case

Cons:
  • Buttons are harder to press
  • Sides aren't very stiff, so they do move around a bit (although fit is pretty good, but not perfect)
  • After some use, the case gets a 'film' of residue that feels sort of funky. I assume it's buildup of skin oils. I feel like I have to wipe it off constantly

I?m sorry to hear that, becasue I also ordered that case :( But if you still use it from time to time it means you like the way your phone looks in it, right?
Do you think it will protect the metal from scuffs on small falls?

I ended up ordering another 2 clear cases:

Clear Hybrid PC Cover With Black TPU Frame (similar to the AmCase I believe, hard plastic with TPU Bumper)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...av%3Ditem...998769%26alt%3Dweb&token=6osWqGsE

NEW ULTRA THIN CRYSTAL CLEAR HARD CASE (similar to the Case-Mate Barely There, I believe, only hard plastic)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...av%3Ditem...441622%26alt%3Dweb&token=okQ4n-9V

The good news is they are very cheap, all three cases togheter cost less than the Case-Mate Barely there.
Also ordered an glass screen protector from Aliexpress, 5 dollars shipped.
I will post my opinion when I get them. I hope I like at least one of them :)

Cheers

raichur0xx0rz

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
Item: Ultra thin Slim 0.3mm matte protective back case skin cover for HTC ONE 2 M8

URL: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D221408515831%26alt%3Dweb&token=-4AF_sDd
I bought the gray one. I think it matches better with Gunmetal vs. The case case they call clear.

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks for the suggestion. Just got my case in today (also the gray) and it's really the thinnest case that I've used. I'm replacing my Diztronic TPU case with this one since my screen protector doesn't play nice with the lip on the screen edges from the TPU case.

It won't offer any protection from drops, I don't think, but it's easy to remove, and covers enough of the phone for scratch protection. Love it =)

gadgetluva

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't protect the front much at all - the lip doesn't go past the screen. I do like the way it looks on the device, but the buttons are really just too hard to press. I'm back to my 0.3mm cases. I'll try to take some pics soon.

I?m sorry to hear that, becasue I also ordered that case :( But if you still use it from time to time it means you like the way your phone looks in it, right?
Do you think it will protect the metal from scuffs on small falls?

I ended up ordering another 2 clear cases:

Clear Hybrid PC Cover With Black TPU Frame (similar to the AmCase I believe, hard plastic with TPU Bumper)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...av%3Ditem...998769%26alt%3Dweb&token=lUpmXpQO

NEW ULTRA THIN CRYSTAL CLEAR HARD CASE (similar to the Case-Mate Barely There, I believe, only hard plastic)
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...av%3Ditem...441622%26alt%3Dweb&token=JFGbeBLR

The good news is they are very cheap, all three cases togheter cost less than the Case-Mate Barely there.
Also ordered an glass screen protector from Aliexpress, 5 dollars shipped.
I will post my opinion when I get them. I hope I like at least one of them :)

Cheers

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Got this one for my girlfriend:

http://www.amazon.com/amCase-Verizo...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3662205

I was very surprised with it and it's very thin, also it helps with grip. For a penny I wasn't expecting much but it fit better and feels and looks better than I thought, overall very pleased with it. I was gonna get one for myself if I liked it but then we wouldn't be able to tell our phones apart (we both have gunmetal)

So I think In gonna pick this one up for myself:

http://www.amazon.com/SUPCASE-All-N...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3662205

Posted via Android Central App

I think the supcase is pretty good. I have it on right now. Though its not that clear but its really protected

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
Anyone knows if the back cover of the Case-Mate Barely There and the Case-Mate naked tough are made of the same material? I've heard people complaining of being slippery...

Brandon Richard

May 4, 2014
Visit site
I have a question. I made a customized case of which I thought would be rubber when it came in. I have pictures of it. Is there by any chance a really think rubber that can fit as the undercoat of the case? I see these others and looks like they could work, but want to be sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

HTC M8 Plastic Case 1.jpgHTC M8 Plastic Case 2.jpgHTC M8 Plastic Case 3.jpg

EDIT: Also possibly a undercoating rubber case with rubber sticking out where buttons are at, pretty much like the Otterboxes. I am a diehard Saints fan and will take any input to protect this the best way possible without it messing up over time or chipping on me, ya know? Any ideas would be appreciated, but I would love to keep the customized case on there... :(

Thanks in advance!^^

EDIT 2: Also, looking at cases, it seems that this is a really good seller as far as a screen protector goes. That is without going too far and getting the $30+ ones, lol. This seems good?

Tempered Gorilla Glass Screen Protector for HTC One M8 High Quality 9H Film USA | eBay

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a question. I made a customized case of which I thought would be rubber when it came in. I have pictures of it. Is there by any chance a really think rubber that can fit as the undercoat of the case? I see these others and looks like they could work, but want to be sure. Any advice would be appreciated.

View attachment 128136View attachment 128137View attachment 128138

EDIT: Also possibly a undercoating rubber case with rubber sticking out where buttons are at, pretty much like the Otterboxes. I am a diehard Saints fan and will take any input to protect this the best way possible without it messing up over time or chipping on me, ya know? Any ideas would be appreciated, but I would love to keep the customized case on there... :(

Thanks in advance!^^

EDIT 2: Also, looking at cases, it seems that this is a really good seller as far as a screen protector goes. That is without going too far and getting the $30+ ones, lol. This seems good?

Tempered Gorilla Glass Screen Protector for HTC One M8 High Quality 9H Film USA | eBay
That glass screen protector seems fine, don't buy the market bull of the branded ones, they're are the same

Android Optimizer

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site

The accents look intersting on that. Is it a frosted case for the back? In addition to the black i-Blason , and black Hyperion cases (isn't as grey as it looks in the picture) I also have a Fosmon Dura-Candy clear case. The dura-candy case is frosted and turns the look of the back of a gun metal grey phone from its brushed metal look into more of a solid light grey back. Its still a good case and would probably look good when combined with some of the other color phones, but somewhere down the line I plan to get more of a clear (non-frosted) back case. (Something more along the lines of some of the Spigen and Supcase cases):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00J92JP1U...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU3803678
Amazon.com: HTC One M8 Case, Spigen® [STRONG-FLEX] [+Screen Shield] HTC One M8 Case Clear **NEW Release** [Ultra Fit] [Capsule Clear] Premium Clear TPU Case Soft for The All New HTC One / HTC One M8 / HTC One 2 / HTC One 2014 (2014) - ECO-Friendly P
Amazon.com: SUPCASE All New HTC One M8 Case - Premium Hybrid Protective Bumper Case (Black/Clear) for HTC One 2014 Release: Cell Phones & Accessories

colalounge

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Do not by Case-Mate's clear Barely There case. I have purchased several in the past for other phones and was relatively pleased, so I purchased another for my M8. Bad mistake. The case has no grip on the phone at all. If you drop it, you're on your own cause the case is gonna go flying. Just holding the phone sometimes causes the case to come off the phone on one wide. This happened while I was holding the phone with one hand and wiping the screen with another. Previous Barely There cases had a death grip and were seriously hard to get off, which makes me think is the reason this new case is just the opposite. Maybe buyers complained. Whatever the case, I am am back to the drawing board looking for a clear hard case that hugs my phone nice and tight. Some outside grip wouldn't hurt either. The M8 is slippery and the Barely There case seems to make it even worse.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I've been looking for a clear bumper or skin to get some grip on the sides only, I'm tired of using a case, can someone please recommend me one?