Dot view case won't close fully

TheGreatUnknown

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
So I like the dot view case, but it won't close all the way. has anyone else had this problem? I thought there was some kind of magnet. maybe I just have a defective one?

jpmciver

May 24, 2012
Visit site
So I like the dot view case, but it won't close all the way. has anyone else had this problem? I thought there was some kind of magnet. maybe I just have a defective one?

I read that is a common complaint with the dot view cases. Unfortunately, I didn't see any resolution to issue.

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You don't say what type of screen protector you have, but if it is a tempered glass protector, they are thicker and the case won't close with it. I put the glass protector on when I bought the phone but had to order the dot view case. When the case arrived it wouldn't close. I returned the case, $50 is just too much money for a cheap piece of plastic on the back with a rubber flip door on the front with holes on it.

The idea is interesting but just looking at the case made me realize that it wasn't worth that kind of money. The case went back.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
You don't say what type of screen protector you have, but if it is a tempered glass protector, they are thicker and the case won't close with it. I put the glass protector on when I bought the phone but had to order the dot view case. When the case arrived it wouldn't close. I returned the case, $50 is just too much money for a cheap piece of plastic on the back with a rubber flip door on the front with holes on it.

The idea is interesting but just looking at the case made me realize that it wasn't worth that kind of money. The case went back.

While I agree $50 is expensive for a case, the front of the case has a capacitive layer in it which is why it works with touch input. A little bit more than a cheap plastic case, if you ask me

Posted via Android Central App

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
I made this complaint in the other thread. I returned one because of it and the new one does the same thing. It makes the notifications look like **** and really makes the case worthless.

anon(8765751)

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Just bought a dot view for my m8 since htc had them on sale for 10 I figured I'd give it a try.... Running into the same issue cover doesn’t lay completely flat the dot view works but doesn't look as good... I read some people said it works itself out with reg use and others say it never fixed itself... Just wondering if there's a trick to fixing it..... I have nothing on the phone to get in the way either no screen protector etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
If the dot view case is brand new, it will not close (sit against the screen flush)...

With some time and wear and tear, it will... This almost always happens with new dot view cases. As you start using it, it loosens up the 'hinge' portion and it will sit flat against your screen with time when you close it...

anon(8765751)

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
One other thing I noticed was if I hold the phone upside down without holding the cover it swings open is that normal? Or is magnet weaker than it should be

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae