Car Charger?

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Any one will work but the more amps the better. Anything under one amp is only going to slow drain on the battery if your using it with the screen on. I'm using a 1.5 amp one and using it with the screen on streaming audio over Bluetooth it charges but slowly. Don't figure on changing mine out till the quick charge 2.0 ones are released.

Armadillo, the other white meat.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
More amps will not charge the phone any faster, all chargers will charge at the same rate. The wall unit that came with the phone has a chip in it that will enable quickcharge 1.0, but anything else will charge slower.

Also I haven't heard of any car charger that will take advantage of any quickcharge (1.0 or 2.0).

Posted via Android Central App

techitrucker

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
Actually quick charge 1.0 only needs a big enough charger. The chip is in the phone for that so your wrong. 2.0 is the one with a chip in both the charger and phone. Of course there will be car chargers. Why would there not be? Just because HTC hasn't announced one doesn't mean someone else won't. Someone else always does. Your also wrong about bigger amps not equating to faster charging. Of course it does. Bigger pipe. More flow. Faster charge.

Shockracer

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Actually quick charge 1.0 only needs a big enough charger. The chip is in the phone for that so your wrong. 2.0 is the one with a chip in both the charger and phone. Of course there will be car chargers. Why would there not be? Just because HTC hasn't announced one doesn't mean someone else won't. Someone else always does. Your also wrong about bigger amps not equating to faster charging. Of course it does. Bigger pipe. More flow. Faster charge.

I bought the duel charger from VZW, has one fixed micro USB cord and a USB port. It is a 3.4A charger, it charges much faster then the 1.5A I was using with my M8. My guess the reason for this is it is using the 2.0A chip.

Skyway

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Actually quickcharge 1.0 will work with chargers from .7 - 2.5a, according to their website. You were correct in that 1.0 is enabled with only the processor though. 2.0 will only work with snapdragon 800 processors and with an enabled wall unit

Posted via Android Central App

Shockracer

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Not trying hijack the thread

Even if the devices are designed for 2.0A, would you see more life out of the battery by charging at 0.7A -1.0A?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

To a point yes but the phone is usually designed to only take in so much amps. I have an 8amp charger but on my note 3, it only takes 2amps.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital