Best Clear case out there for HTC One M8

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I want a Slim case that can still show the great design this phone has, while providing some protection, and I believe many of you will as well. I also ordered a Glass Screen Protector from Aliexpress to go along.

These are my findings:

Case-Mate BARELY THERE (Hard Plastic)
Barely There Slim Case for HTC One (M8) | Case-Mate

Case-Mate NAKED TOUGH (Hard Plastic + TPU bumper)
Naked Tough Clear Slim Case for HTC One (M8) | Case-Mate

Griffin Reveal (Hard Plastic +TPU)
HTC One 2012 Case | Reveal for HTC One | Griffin Technology

Spigen Case Ultra Fit Capsule (TPU)
Spigen HTC One (M8) Case Ultra Fit Capsule | Spigen

Exact Prism Series Slim-Fit Transparent Case (TPU)
Amazon.com: Exact Prism Series Slim-Fit Transparent Case for HTC One M8 Clear/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell Cover (TPU)
Amazon.com - KAYSCASE Slim Hard Shell HTC One Plus (HTC One+, HTC One Plus, HTC ONE 2, M8, the All New One) Cover Case (Lifetime Warranty) (Clear) -

Do you have any of these? Which one would you recommend and why? It?s very difficult to make a decision based on the videos out there, which are normaly only unpackaging...
My favorite till now are the first 3 ones because I prefer hard plastic, to be honest...

Cheers

Last edited:

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Re: Best Clear case out there

I have the case-mate naked tough, I like it.

The bumper adds a little bulk but it's okay

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

IMO , I would stay away from the plastic ones due to them scratching easily. I have a tpu and my buddy has a plastic and he is now changing his out for a tpu.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

IMO , I would stay away from the plastic ones due to them scratching easily. I have a tpu and my buddy has a plastic and he is now changing his out for a tpu.

Sent from my s-off'd, unlocked and rooted BAMF M8 with the viper venom.

Thanks for the tip. But which one do each of you have? Can you please post a link for the deal?

chickweedblur

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I have the last 2. Both are clear, semi-hard plastic. The Exact Prism is slightly less bulky only because the edge is clear plastic as well. The Kay's has a TPU edge. As someone else suggested, both scuff a little almost immediately. The scuffing is not bad, you can't even see it some light but because they are glossy, every little mark shows. I think they were slightly scuffed before I got them out of the package! Even though I am generally anti-tpu, the Kay's has a better feel to it. It feels nice in the hand, has good grip, and fits well. I just don't like the "squishy-ness" of tpu anywhere it's not supported. I wish they would find a material that's more firm. The Prism is fine but there is a very slight amount of play which gives it a bit of "creak" when manipulating the phone.

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site
I have the last 2. Both are clear, semi-hard plastic. The Exact Prism is slightly less bulky only because the edge is clear plastic as well. The Kay's has a TPU edge. As someone else suggested, both scuff a little almost immediately. The scuffing is not bad, you can't even see it some light but because they are glossy, every little mark shows. I think they were slightly scuffed before I got them out of the package! Even though I am generally anti-tpu, the Kay's has a better feel to it. It feels nice in the hand, has good grip, and fits well. I just don't like the "squishy-ness" of tpu anywhere it's not supported. I wish they would find a material that's more firm. The Prism is fine but there is a very slight amount of play which gives it a bit of "creak" when manipulating the phone.

Thanks a lot for your input. :)
I also tend not to like TPU cases but because this is a clear case I understand what you mean. I was thinking about ordering the case mate barely there (the naked seems too bulky) but it seems it's slippery and has that scratches problem.
Meanwhile I found this on another thread and couldn't resist ordering because of the low price, but it will take at least 2 weeks to get to Portugal.
It's ultrathin and made of TPU. Check it out:

Item: Baseus Soft TPU Ultrathin Transparent Case Cover Shield for HTC ONE M8 0o

URL: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...6id%3D131169013422%26alt%3Dweb&token=YRaxiuTc

URL alternativa: https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...Cover-Shield-HTC-ONE-M8-0o-/131169013422?var=

Jimmy Walker

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Urban Armor Gear has a sleek and very protective clear case for about $35.00 shipped on Amazon. It's worth every penny!

Posted via Android Central App

Runnin_it

May 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got the Naked Tough and the Spigen Ultra fit. The Spigen is tpu, adds more bulk than the naked tough, and has hard edges that aren't really comfortable to hold The edges are also very slightly yellowed too. The naked tough is slimmer, the tpu bumper is frosted white and the shell fits tightly to it. I like this one better, although I feel like the Spigen offers more protection, and I switch to it if I think I'm going to be in a setting where I'm more likely to drop my phone.

VelfarreClubber

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
It does fit perfectly, it's probably just the camera angle I used. No trouble plugging in my Bose in ears and plugging it into a Samsung micro USB for charging.