SD Card won't mount on HTC One (M8)

nobergan

May 27, 2014
Visit site
I am new to Android, but this problem seems like it shouldn't be so difficult...

For my M8 I bought a MicroSD 10 64GB memory card. When I put it in, nothing happens. When I go to Storage and hit Mount SD card, the little pop up 'Preparing SD card" flashes for a second or two and goes away, and nothing happens. The card worked initially, as it saved photos from my email directly to the SD card.

Do I have to install this somehow? Or did I get had by buying a card off ebay? or does HTC only accept specific cards?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am new to Android, but this problem seems like it shouldn't be so difficult...

For my M8 I bought a MicroSD 10 64GB memory card. When I put it in, nothing happens. When I go to Storage and hit Mount SD card, the little pop up 'Preparing SD card" flashes for a second or two and goes away, and nothing happens. The card worked initially, as it saved photos from my email directly to the SD card.

Do I have to install this somehow? Or did I get had by buying a card off ebay? or does HTC only accept specific cards?

Welcome to the forums, and Android.
Can you read the card on your PC?

On a side note, have you said hello to the rest of the community? Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

nobergan

May 27, 2014
Visit site

On a side note, have you said hello to the rest of the community? Introductions - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

As luck would have it, neither my work computer or home laptop have an SD slot, so I can't check.

- - - Updated - - -

As luck would have it, neither my work computer or home laptop have an SD slot, so I can't check.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

You may have to get a card reader that can plug into a USB slot.

Bater_M8

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site

I'm having similar issues with my HTC One M8, I have a 128GB card I purchased off of eBay, type 10 like yours but it won't stay mounted.
My phone won't be recognised by HTC Sync Manage which I can fix by restarting it but the card then dismounts again I can fix this by formatting it though and once done I can move music and images onto it but it always fails. I suspect one of 2 things.
1. The phone stops being recognised by the software.
or
2. The SD card dismounted causing it to crash.
As you can imagine having to format the card every time this happens is rather counter productive.

jaswal68

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
hey, I'm having the same problem. I bought a Sandisk 128gb micro sd card and installed it. I was able to get it working through HTC Sync and assign it as the preferred storage for music. Adding large amounts of music was a problem and HTC Sync, joy that it is to use, stalled and only added about 20gb of music. Anyway I thought this was a good start and would get back to it later. This worked for a few days then stopped, it seemed to have deleted all my music then UN-mount. Now I can't mount it. HELP PLEASE

gary clark3

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same problem. take the card out of your phone and format the card on your computer.... then add your media to the card through your computer then insert it into the phone. this is the only way I could get it to work. hope that works for you. once I put the card in, it mounted it automatically. You may try to format on your computer then insert, then add media, I didn't try it this way but it might work. good luck:-!

poudigne

May 5, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here, it seems that my SD Card is not a real 64gb, I had like 10gb of music transfered to it before it crash. And when I checked the content my computer saids that there was like 8gb free on the sd card.

My solution : Destroy the stupid f***ng sd card and bought a real one at best buy. Works like a charm !