What ROM/kernel are you using?

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The current ROM: ARHD 7.0

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2694917

Kernel: ElementalX

[KERNEL] [April 20] [Sense] [GPE] ElementalX 0.9 - xda-developers

Here's a link to the RUU for the latest update (it can come in handy)

http://dl3.htc.com/application/RUU_...G_20.31A.4145.02L_release_368350_signed_2.exe

Also have s-off, removed tampered from bootloader, and removed red warning from hboot.

Have it OC'd to 2.8ghz, and this thing runs like a champ.

I'd like to know what other setups people are using

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually, HTC built in an ability to backup SMS. But I use SMS Backup (free app), just because I know it works.

Also, you can just do an HTC Backup and that can save settings, and the home screen setup

mr.wizard

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed and started using Scott's CleanROM 1.0 for Verizons HTC One M8. It is basically HTC's Stock ROM with Sense 6, that has been aggressively debloated. If you like Blinkfeed, Scott created a file that can be reflashed. So far the ROM is flawless. It can be found here:
[ROM][4/27] - CleanROM 1.0 -★| Undeniable Stability and Performance! | ART! |★-

It's too bad Scott doesn't do anything with AT&T anymore. Otherwise I'd be running his ROM right now

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
It's too bad Scott doesn't do anything with AT&T anymore. Otherwise I'd be running his ROM right now

Actually I read a post from Scott saying that he planned to make a CleanROM for AT&T' M8 in the near future.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I may need to seriously consider this ROM. Always hated VZW's bloatware.

I hate bloatware too. It's a great, clean, fast ROM. FYI - looks like Scott is gonna update CleanROM this weekend. He's thinking about making an Aroma version.

Posted with my CleanROM M8

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I hate bloatware too. It's a great, clean, fast ROM. FYI - looks like Scott is gonna update CleanROM this weekend. He's thinking about making an Aroma version.

I'm getting my M8 this weekend (Sunday). Probably won't mess with it for a week or two just to make sure there's no issues with the phone, then I'll flash a custom ROM on there. I've been hearing good things about ViperOne, but this one sounds a lot more like what I'd want from a ROM: clean, stable, 100% functional and without bloatware of any kind.

buckifvr

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I hear you, I like to tinker with my phone too, but after awhile enough is enough. I always return to CleanROM. It's simple and straightforward. It does what I want it to do. It's stable, it's fast, it gets rid of bloatware, and it's dependable. Add a couple of small mods and I'm done. Enjoying my phone.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Kinda keen to move on from ARHD. The lack of OTA updates is pretty annoying, an update requires a full package download and his server is slow

nV, Clean and Viper all look good though...

Edit: Clean seems to be a Verizon thing, I'm using an Asian/international version so that's out

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)