I Bricked my m8 and finally fixed it.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I bricked it because i flash the wrong Viper ROM(for hte M7) That is why in the aroma installer. It didnt respond to touch.

When i reset it i can only go through the HTC logo with the RED letters the the screen goes black and the notification lights green and orange until it reaches to pitch black.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
I bricked it because i flash the wrong Viper ROM(for hte M7) That is why in the aroma installer. It didnt respond to touch.

When i reset it i can only go through the HTC logo with the RED letters the the screen goes black and the notification lights green and orange until it reaches to pitch black.

Always good to take your time and triple check everything (like making sure you have the right device lol) if you're doing something for the first time

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Always good to take your time and triple check everything (like making sure you have the right device lol) if you're doing something for the first time

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

This is my 1st time rooting an htc phone but at that time that was my second time flashing a ROM already had experience rooting with the galaxy s2 before.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I am glad you got it sorted out.

Posted with my CleanROM M8

Yeah, at that time i was so scared!! Hahah i was that it will be a paper weight phone. I tried adb fastboot recovery and it didnt work after that it just booted up to recovery

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
This is my 1st time rooting an htc phone but at that time that was my second time flashing a ROM already had experience rooting with the galaxy s2 before.

Yeah the galaxy S2 was a odd ball phone to deal with. HTC is the most simple phone to work with once you get doing things on it and get to know it

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
What are the steps you did in order to fix it? I'm stuck with the same issue. Thanks

Try plugging it to the computer. It was just luck, was just tinkering with the phone then i i pres volume down and power button it went to fastboot.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Does your notification light turn on when doing that?. Have you tried the toolkit for htc. Or search "how to boot into fastboot manually for htc"