Why s-off if the bootloader is unlocked and the phone is rooted?

tomglasser

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Do I still need to s-off if I already unlocked the bootloader and rooted the phone? What benefit is there to turning the security off? I have already flashed Venom and the phone is working great.
Thanks in advance for this novice question.
Tom

scott_0

May 28, 2010
Visit site
being s-off enables you do much more with phone, you can flash firmwares with s-off, where as with s-on you can not

sent from HTC M8 using tapatalk

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
also being s-off allows more ways to brick the phone as well. If you dont feel comfortable with it, or dont see a need for it and are happy with what ya have, dont do it :D

oldgreg101

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know of any links to pages that go into great detail about the benefits of S-off, or can go into a good amount of detail of the pros and cons of doing it?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know of any links to pages that go into great detail about the benefits of S-off, or can go into a good amount of detail of the pros and cons of doing it?
I dont think you will find anything in great detail, i suggest searching XDA or a Google search

aarsyl

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
A Google Search with be your best bet to find more information about the benefits of S-Off.

But, in a nutshell, S-Off is the ultimate anti-brick status that you can get for your phone. It is really for those who are looking for more than just root. Being able to flash firmwares and run any RUU can prove to be a real life saver. It saved me several times when I was using my EVO LTE as my main phone.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
A Google Search with be your best bet to find more information about the benefits of S-Off.

But, in a nutshell, S-Off is the ultimate anti-brick status that you can get for your phone. It is really for those who are looking for more than just root. Being able to flash firmwares and run any RUU can prove to be a real life saver. It saved me several times when I was using my EVO LTE as my main phone.

^this is exactly it. For me, flashing firmware is key.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz