Super SU Installation Failed. How do I fix it?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, you need some kind of Super User app. SuperSU is a good one. I am curious if you downloaded the most up to date one?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
My mistake....I was thinking of the superuser zip file.

Yeah I tried rerooting the phone. Reinstalled SuperSU. Same issue. So I reboot my phone. And then SuperSU says I need to reroot because it doesn't have a binary for 4.3. Which is weird because I'm on 4.4.2.

Posted via Android Central App on HTC One (M8)

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I tried rerooting the phone. Reinstalled SuperSU. Same issue. So I reboot my phone. And then SuperSU says I need to reroot because it doesn't have a binary for 4.3. Which is weird because I'm on 4.4.2.

Did you see the Update part in red?

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
In the thread at Xda. I just noticed it while looking over the thread.

P.S. Sorry if my other reply seemed on the rude side. I did not mean for it to be.

You mean the one for uninstalling? I tried that. I just pressed restart though. I can't get adb reboot to work. It keeps saying device not detected.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
You mean the one for uninstalling? I tried that. I just pressed restart though. I can't get adb reboot to work. It keeps saying device not detected.

Is the device pin locked? You have USB debugging checked in developer options?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Pin locked meaning do you enter a pin number to unlock your device.

Signed, XenonRom, Nexus 5 and AC Forums App

Manphibian

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
And not to hijack the thread, but I just downloaded and ran Sunshine S-Off. It rebooted my phone. Now weak sauce says I'm rooted and Will not let me run the program again. But Supersu and Sunshine and Root Checker now says that I am not rooted.

allroy75

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm trying to root my m8 for the first time and am experiencing the exact same thing..... It says there is no SU Binary installed and Supersu cannot install it. Any ideas why?

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
I'm having trouble installing the super su app too. Weaksauce worked but that's where I'm stuck.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

CannedBullets

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm trying to root my m8 for the first time and am experiencing the exact same thing..... It says there is no SU Binary installed and Supersu cannot install it. Any ideas why?

No, i used weaksauce to root my verizon m8 and it is working fine without superuser or supersu. I can use root just fine.

+1 I'm having the exact same issues. Rooted with weak sauce. Downloaded supersu from play store. Getting same error.

I'm having trouble installing the super su app too. Weaksauce worked but that's where I'm stuck.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Glad I'm not the only one.

Super SU binaries not installing. - xda-developers

Yeah someone outlined some possible solutions on the CDA thread though, I haven't tried them yet because I don't think I'll get a custom ROM on it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463