HTC restoring system files by itself?!

Tamashii5150

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
My M8 is rooted and I have the SD-card-writing fix installed as well. I used to delete the AndroidEmoji-htc.ttf from the System/Fonts folder with RootBrowser because I hate the HTC emojis. But for some reason the file keeps reappearing after each restart, or even after some days without restart. Then I need to delete it again... have no clue why this is happening.

Any idea why the system files keep restoring automatically and how to stop it?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
My M8 is rooted and I have the SD-card-writing fix installed as well. I used to delete the AndroidEmoji-htc.ttf from the System/Fonts folder with RootBrowser because I hate the HTC emojis. But for some reason the file keeps reappearing after each restart, or even after some days without restart. Then I need to delete it again... have no clue why this is happening.

Any idea why the system files keep restoring automatically and how to stop it?

What rom are you on? Its the write protection thats causing it. you can Either go s-off or flash rom with WP disabled. You might be able to find a zip to flash. Report back if you dont find anything then i'll whip up a zip.

Tamashii5150

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
What rom are you on? Its the write protection thats causing it. you can Either go s-off or flash rom with WP disabled. You might be able to find a zip to flash. Report back if you dont find anything then i'll whip up a zip.

I'm on stock htc 4.4.2 I have root but s-on. So I'll set it to s-off and see if it helps. I'll let you know, thanks for the hint! ☺

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad