Completely Bricked My Phone (HTC One M8)

oldgreg101

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Hey dudes, I recently purchased a 128GB Micro SD card for my phone, and it has completely bricked the absolute s**t out of it.

Here's what happened in the phones last dying moments: phones processors were going crazy, the 3 buttons on the nav bar were playing up major, apps would not load, the power off options weren't doing anything... the touchscreen itself has stopped responding, if I connect the phone to a computer I do get the "device connected" sound, however no device will actually show up on my drives.
I've tried to press volume down+ power button at the same time to get into the boot screen and even that has failed...
Wondering if anyone has any helpful ideas?

tigerstown

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hey dudes, I recently purchased a 128GB Micro SD card for my phone, and it has completely bricked the absolute s**t out of it.

Here's what happened in the phones last dying moments: phones processors were going crazy, the 3 buttons on the nav bar were playing up major, apps would not load, the power off options weren't doing anything... the touchscreen itself has stopped responding, if I connect the phone to a computer I do get the "device connected" sound, however no device will actually show up on my drives.
I've tried to press volume down+ power button at the same time to get into the boot screen and even that has failed...
Wondering if anyone has any helpful ideas?
You have to hold vol down an power for like 20 seconds. Don't know how long you did it. Just throwing that out there. You can't boot to bootloader via PC with adb reboots-bootloader?

sent from my Red HTC M8 using Tapatalk because all Xda apps f/c 😠

oldgreg101

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I did everything you've just mentioned but to no avail. Now I'm waiting for the battery to run out....
If you or anyone else has any other tricks up their sleeves, do lemme know, any advice is much appreciated.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I did everything you've just mentioned but to no avail. Now I'm waiting for the battery to run out....
If you or anyone else has any other tricks up their sleeves, do lemme know, any advice is much appreciated.
Why are you letting the battery die? Hold vol up and power as soon as the screen goes black release the hold vol down and power

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Benny, u may want to consider reading my first post. Anyway the flat battery tricked has worked, go me!

Lesson we all can learn: faulty micro SD cards can completely disable your expensive phones.

Hooray pop the champazz, I'm reunited baby!

Posted via Android Central App

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yeah Benny, u may want to consider reading my first post. Anyway the flat battery tricked has worked, go me!

Lesson we all can learn: faulty micro SD cards can completely disable your expensive phones.

Hooray pop the champazz, I'm reunited baby!

Posted via Android Central App
Your first post?

oldgreg101

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I did try the battery pull (pwr+ vol up 10sec) and that was to no avail, it's all good though fellas, phone is working, thanks for your tips and tricks.

wwjoshdew

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I've actually had this issue as well. I had to let it sit over night until the battery died. Then I charged it up, and it turned on just fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt