Can't seem to flash Viper anymore.

Santoclaus

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
OK, so I successfully converted my HTC one into a GPE edition, and I wanted to try out some different roms. Viper rom being my favorite sense based rom was the first one I tried to flash. Now suddenly my m8 won't take the flash at all so I'm curious if the rom only supports sense based phones or if I'm possibly faulty on my end.

Posted via Android Central App

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Best thing to do would be to check with the Viper devs and see what the exact requirements are for installing their ROMs.

Santoclaus

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
Thank you guys for the replies, and yes the rom flashes perfectly in the beginning but then fails at the very end.

Erick Newman

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Thank you guys for the replies, and yes the rom flashes perfectly in the beginning but then fails at the very end.

Well the reason why your phone won't Flash Viper rom is because if you ran the conversion like you say and not just flashed the GPE rom then the file partition is different and it isn't going to work. In order to go back to flashing sense roms you have to revert back to sense and then flash Viper rom. Once you convert to GPE you can't flash sense unless you convert back to sense.

Santoclaus

Jan 28, 2014
Visit site
I figured it was something along those lines, thank you all very much for the help. Luckily I was just curious about the rom and didn't want it permanently on my phone. Again, thank you all for the info you've been really helpful.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey