Best ROM for the m8

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Just seeing if any 'romaholics' out there have flashed multiple ROMs on their m8 and have any feedback on what they consider to be their best?

Personally I'm on the viperonem8 and yeah - awesome 1st ROM, but, like an experimental teenager, I don't want this to be my one and only, has anyone flashed multiple decent/stable ROMs?
Google tells me the big ones are:
Viper
Android HD
Cyanogen
Insert coin

And some other ones that I cbf remembering.

Honestly I cbf flashing a new ROM and going through all the restores, system set up blah blah unless it's a pretty decent one.

Thanks peeps!

Posted via Android Central App

oldgreg101

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Yep, I'm an Aussie/international version, good guess.
Have either of you two guys "whitelunchbag & benny" used the statusbarvolume xposed module/ app?
I can't seem to get it to work, don't know if it's coz I flashed a custom ROM (Viper) or not.
I'm also finding that game hacker, game CIH and game killer aren't working in most game apps, you guys getting the same issues?

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Yep, I'm an Aussie/international version, good guess.
Have either of you two guys "whitelunchbag & benny" used the statusbarvolume xposed module/ app?
I can't seem to get it to work, don't know if it's coz I flashed a custom ROM (Viper) or not.
I'm also finding that game hacker, game CIH and game killer aren't working in most game apps, you guys getting the same issues?

Viper rom is highly modified and theres not much that works with that rom unless it is made for it

ortega1

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
My list of 4 best ROMs:
Sky Dragon (SD) 10.0
Renovate 4.01
WanamLite 1.3
Android Revolution HD 10.1

Last edited:

Altstart5

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have the international version of the M8 and wish to root. The main objective is to be able to access the SD card with a file manager. I have no experience with Rooting and I have been advised to use Cyanogen Mod2 because this App has its own installer. Anybody used this App with the international version and with what success. Is it possible to extract my contacts to my computer not the cloud.
Cheers:-!

Last edited:

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hi I have the international version of the M8 and wish to root. The main objective is to be able to access the SD card with a file manager. I have no experience with Rooting and I have been advised to use Cyanogen Mod2 because this App has its own installer. Anybody used this App with the international version and with what success. Is possible to extract my contacts to my computer not the cloud.

You don't need to install cyanogenmod, you can root your phone and keep your current Sense ROM.

My M8 posted this

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi I have the international version of the M8 and wish to root. The main objective is to be able to access the SD card with a file manager. I have no experience with Rooting and I have been advised to use Cyanogen Mod2 because this App has its own installer. Anybody used this App with the international version and with what success. Is it possible to extract my contacts to my computer not the cloud.

Look here Mike made it easy. Follow the instructions and you will be fine.....[GUIDE] [28.07.2014] How to add root access … | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forum

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I have tried so many different custom ROMs ever since I had a M7 and now the M8 and I can tell you that most, if not all, of them are pretty good and the developers worked really hard and it shows. And let's not forget that running a custom kernel also helps, especially ElementalX which I consider to be the best out there in terms of customization, battery life, and overall performance of the device. On the M8 so far I ran InsertCoin (with Sense 6 Toolbox) and ViperOne, and I must say that ViperOne is the best one for me.

Android Revolution HD, InsertCoin, and ViperOne are the three best sense-based ROMs out there, in my humble opinion, and CynanogenMod is the best AOSP-based ROM. I've always been like you, a guy who likes to constantly try new ROMs with new features, but I find myself almost always going back to ViperOne because it's just so complete (happened all the time on the M7 and now on the M8).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faret