unavailable functions

malaka_yatti

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

I am using HTC One M8, but I don't have such an option called fast boot in my settings and I am trying to root my phone and because of this situation i cannot do that. Please lemme know if you know any solutuion

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I am using HTC One M8, but I don't have such an option called fast boot in my settings and I am trying to root my phone and because of this situation i cannot do that. Please lemme know if you know any solutuion

You also need usb debugging turned on and if it is you can bypass the fastboot being turned off by use a cmd. prompt to boot into the bootloader.
Go to settings/about phone/software info/more and tap the Build number about 10 times. this will give you the dev. options in settings, go into the dev options and check the usb debugging. Open a cmd prompt from your sdk folder or where ever you adb/fastboot and type " adb reboot bootloader"

malaka_yatti

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
my battery settings only have one option and it to show the battery level in percentage or not. my android version i jelly bean do you guys think if that is the matter?

malaka_yatti

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I bought this in China, and it and when I check "about" it says 4.4.2 jelly bean + the keyboards and some stuff ask me to chose between sense 6 and android versions, by the way it is missing functions of the m8 I know.
my version is m8t

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought this in China, and it and when I check "about" it says 4.4.2 jelly bean + the keyboards and some stuff ask me to chose between sense 6 and android versions, by the way it is missing functions of the m8 I know.
my version is m8t

I think you have a clone, and that is why you can't find most of this stuff. I am not sure where else to look.

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
If you want to root this phone you need to find a source on somewhere like XDA that has done it. I'd say the stock ROM for this clone phone is probably the same as other clones so it shouldn't be too hard.

I am fairly certain that M8 specific ROMS will not work on this phone, they are designed for M8 hardware, not whatever is inside that phone

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Thinking about the initial question, fastboot does not exist on your phone, therefore it is the same as being turned off

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Have you looked under security for fastboot? Thats really odd having 4.4.2 JB. Android 4.4.2 should be KK...lol

malaka_yatti

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
yeah exactly, that's so weird I think the hardware is the same and also when I try the whole process of bootloading (when given the command in cmd prompt) it restarts the phone and at the bottom it shows "=> fastboot" and just stay like that

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
The software is definitely not the same as a real M8.

Get the app called 'CPU-Z' from the play store to see what hardware you actually have

My M8 posted this

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, you're going to have to look on xda for how to root that phone

You won't be able to use any M8 ROMs though because the hardware is different and you'll brick your device

My M8 posted this