Flashing ROM issue?

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
I have a HTC one m8 Verizon edition which I recently rooted, s-off, installed TWRP and installed the Google play edition ROM. The ROM installed and my phone restarted. I'm now trying to flash a different ROM (android revolution HD if it matters) and it installs "successfully" in recovery but then the phone turns off and doesn't turn on. If I hold the power button and volume up button it shows the HTC screen then shows HTC one screen and won't go any further. Am I doing something wrong? I make sure to wipe data and everything before installing new ROM.

Posted via the Android Central App

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a HTC one m8 Verizon edition which I recently rooted, s-off, installed TWRP and installed the Google play edition ROM. The ROM installed and my phone restarted. I'm now trying to flash a different ROM (android revolution HD if it matters) and it installs "successfully" in recovery but then the phone turns off and doesn't turn on. If I hold the power button and volume up button it shows the HTC screen then shows HTC one screen and won't go any further. Am I doing something wrong? I make sure to wipe data and everything before installing new ROM.

Hello jml9153, have you tried flashing the boot.img of the ROM? Maybe that will help. Also, what version of TWRP are you using?

Sent from my HTC One XL using AC Forums mobile app

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Update your TWRP by simply flashing over the one you currently have.

I updated my TWRP and exact same issues. Someone told me if they aren't mistaken that because i flashed a GPE rom, i cannot switch to a sense-rom due to partition differences in rom. is this true?

I'm so frustrated with the COUNTLESS issues i've run into im willing to go back to 100% stock. how can i do this?? I just can't stand this GPE rom, to be honest.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I updated my TWRP and exact same issues. Someone told me if they aren't mistaken that because i flashed a GPE rom, i cannot switch to a sense-rom due to partition differences in rom. is this true?

Yes that is your problem. The partitions sizes are different for the two. Here's a little guide I found on xda. The international firmware .401, is the medium. Follow this guide and you'll be golden in 30 minutes(provided you have no other issues arise).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2733523

Posted via Android Central App

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes that is your problem. The partitions sizes are different for the two. Here's a little guide I found on xda. The international firmware .401, is the medium. Follow this guide and you'll be golden in 30 minutes(provided you have no other issues arise).

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2733523

I can't reply on xda-developers thread. I didn't get GPE via ruu. I got it through flashing a custom ROM. So how do I go about doing that? The instructions on the thread confuse me. Sorry if its a stupid question.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Here's a download link for the stock nand back up. Don't use the install button in twrp though. Use the restore option.

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
So you've succeeded in everything except flashing a stock Rom then?

I was able to flash GPE ROM when I was on stock sense. But now that I'm on GPE I can't switch to any sense ROM due to partition differences, from what I understand. I'm going to try the nand backup. Does it need to be in a specific folder for twrp to recognize it as a backup?

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes. Mine is setup like this twrp»backups» HT438WM02219 not sure what yours will be like since you have the .401 firmware, you may have a different model id

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Yes. Mine is setup like this twrp»backups» HT438WM02219 not sure what yours will be like since you have the .401 firmware, you may have a different model id

Again not to sound stupid but where is the twrp folder? I saw it the other day and now I can't seem to find it to put the backup in?

jml9153

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
My battery is too low now to do it but once its charged I'm going to make a backup in twrp and then download and put the nandroid you provided me in the same folder as the backup I just made.

Will it let me restore to stock sense considering I'm on GPE ROM?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gkapidis