Need help on sunshine s-off

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I just installed and ran sunshine on my phone. I'm now unlocked and s-off. I think I'm temp root because that's what it made me choose in the beginning of the unlocking process.

What are the next steps that I should do? I wanna install twrp and I tried installing it from the play store and it won't let me open the app because it says I'm not rooted.

Sent from my HTC 1M8

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I never did sunshine, or installed twrp from the play store. Do have knowledge of fastboot and adb?

Posted via Android Central App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So what are you trying to accomplish? I used s-off so I can flash firmware. I unlocked the bootloader so I can root. I root so I can use utilities that aren't available otherwise.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
In my opinion, if you don't really know what your doing it for, the next step would be to just leave the rest alone.

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I read a few links and I succesfuly rooted my phone.
Some things just confused me when I was reading threads about rooting. I always thought you needed to root first to get s-off and then unlock. I stumbled on a thread that explained everything perfectly. Thanks for replying :)

Sent from my HTC 1M8

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I never cease to be amazed at how anxious people are to flash stuff on a 700 dollar device when they have no clue of what they are doing or even why they are doing it..:(

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
And then come to this forum demanding help

My M8 posted this
Demanding? Lol. I never demanded anyone of anything. I was simply asking for help. If no one replied then I would look for help somewhere else. If you can't say anything that would be of help then please get off my thread. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC 1M8

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I never cease to be amazed at how anxious people are to flash stuff on a 700 dollar device when they have no clue of what they are doing or even why they are doing it..:(
Same goes for you. I wanted to root because I have a reason to. Since you are of no help I don't need to tell you why. Also, it's my phone and I'll do whatever I wanna do with it. If I brick it then that's on me and I won't place the blame on anyone else.

Sent from my HTC 1M8

wase4711

May 1, 2010
Visit site
Same goes for you. I wanted to root because I have a reason to. Since you are of no help I don't need to tell you why. Also, it's my phone and I'll do whatever I wanna do with it. If I brick it then that's on me and I won't place the blame on anyone else.

Sent from my HTC 1M8
I couldn't care less why you want to root..some one who says "I'm unlocked, whatever that means", and then cops an attitude when others chime in, won't get any help here or on any other phone enthusiast forums..good luck when you brick that thing..

cjbart1009

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
I couldn't care less why you want to root..some one who says "I'm unlocked, whatever that means", and then cops an attitude when others chime in, won't get any help here or on any other phone enthusiast forums..good luck when you brick that thing..
I wasn't giving attitude. I don't need useless posts in my thread. I simply asked you to leave my thread if you can't say anything helpful. And as I've said in my earlier post; if I brick my phone that's on me and I won't blame ANYONE else :)

realjcase

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
If you still need help come to our sunshine support chat or email us.

Ignore these people talking about having no idea what you are doing, I could probably throw the same comments right at them, likely to a higher degree. We all have to start somewhere, few years back beaups and I were completely "noob" to Android as well.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
If you still need help come to our sunshine support chat or email us.

Ignore these people talking about having no idea what you are doing, I could probably throw the same comments right at them, likely to a higher degree. We all have to start somewhere, few years back beaups and I were completely "noob" to Android as well.

Amen to that

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Some on here may frown upon it, but I used Rom Manager from the Play Store and used it to install ClockworkMod bootloader, which gave me an option to root my device (perma-root). I loaded a ROM that comes with root access so it wasn't an issue for me, but it was a nice feature for them to add.

Sunshine worked beautifully for me when firewater didn't. Fantastic app.

Also please ignore those that would criticize anyone for not knowing what they're doing. I've learned everything I know from not knowing what I'm doing and figuring it out, and I work in IT. Making mistakes can be the greatest teacher. Obviously you'll want to avoid them in this case - you don't want to brick your phone - but everyone starts with zero knowledge in any field they're in. No one is born knowing how to add, subtract, multiply or divide, yet we learn these things in life. This is the same.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the Sunshine team or XDA or members here. Most of the people you'll find are friendly and want to help.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Some on here may frown upon it, but I used Rom Manager from the Play Store and used it to install ClockworkMod bootloader, which gave me an option to root my device (perma-root). I loaded a ROM that comes with root access so it wasn't an issue for me, but it was a nice feature for them to add.

Sunshine worked beautifully for me when firewater didn't. Fantastic app.

Also please ignore those that would criticize anyone for not knowing what they're doing. I've learned everything I know from not knowing what I'm doing and figuring it out, and I work in IT. Making mistakes can be the greatest teacher. Obviously you'll want to avoid them in this case - you don't want to brick your phone - but everyone starts with zero knowledge in any field they're in. No one is born knowing how to add, subtract, multiply or divide, yet we learn these things in life. This is the same.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out to the Sunshine team or XDA or members here. Most of the people you'll find are friendly and want to help.

I couldn't have said it better. Nice post.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance