Going back to stock sense from Cyanogenmod

nicovelco

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Hello. First of all, I'm very new to Android and to everything about it. So far I'm loving the experience.
I rooted and used twrp to flash Cyanogenmod. I like it but I'm finding stability issues and I want to go back to sense. I made a backup of my sense rom but when I try to recover there's an error when it tries to mount the data.

What's the best way to go about this? I have searched the internet and can't seem to get a clear answer.

My HTC One m8 is an unlocked international version.

Thanks guys

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm new to Android too, but I'll answer with what *I think I know* with hope that someone will come to flame me.

*don't do anything I say in here before someone confirm this*

I know that to change roms you need to clear(wipe) :
*cache
*system
*dlvik

And then flash the recovery.

I'm no Android expert, and all these rooting and flashig seems like bios flashing and extremely hazardous as bios flashing, since thing can go wrong even if you do them 100% perfect (due to devine powers that are beyong me- lose of power, crash, short).

So anyone want to confirm or tell me I'm wrong and help this dude?

Posted via a waiting to be rooted One M8

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Oh.. then use the "Format" option in TWRP, but that way you'll lose all the data on the device. This issue seems to have been happening to a lot of users lately, myself included, and that's the only way I was able to fix it.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I always format the internal data before flashing a rom. This solves 99% of issues. You might want to download a stock rom and place it on your SD card as a precaution before you wipe/format. Keep us posted.

p3ntyne

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Before you go back, check if you are on a Milestone version of CM. IMO, CM is the best version of Android but the nightlies can be extremely buggy and usually have bad battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance