Should I root my phone?

gkginger101

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So in pretty new to android and I run nova launcher and more customizing my phone and all. So I've been thinking about rooting my phone? Is it really worth the risk and hassle? And what custom roms would you guys suggest?

Tiriyon

Aug 9, 2014
Visit site
I think sense 6 is great, why do you want to root for? Roms? I find most roms atm not so compatible as sense 6 and buggy, so for roms, I say no.
You can add some cool stuff like pie control (paranoid android rom's feature) without a costum rom, you can customize a bit more then you already can, and if that's your wish then yeah go root.

*keep in mind rooting voids the warranty *

I did a little bit customizing myself with no root and using the sense 6
Take a look

Posted via a waiting to be rooted One M8

Attachments

• 17596.jpg
    17596.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 27

whitelunchbag

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
There are plenty of good Sense ROMS to choose from.

But for the purpose of this post, no I don't think you should root

Posted by my Nexus 7 (2013)

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I agree with whitelunchbag, there are a lot of very good custom Sense 6 ROMs to choose from, as well as a decent collection of AOSP and Google Edition ROMs. ViperROM is definitely my favorite Sense-based custom ROM ever since the M7, and it didn't fail to amaze me on the M8. It has so many customization options and features you won't find on stock ROM, I'd say give it a shot. Before you go ahead and try doing anything, though, make sure you perform a full Nandroid Backup (back the ROM, recovery, etc.) using TWRP recovery or such.

Go to XDA-Developers and read the guides there, they'll really help you get a good head start because it's not easy.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084