Is 4.4.3 worth updating? solved

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is 4.4.3 worth updating?

It's more under the hood changes than anything else, but I would honestly take it for any security updates there may be.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

It also includes wifi calling. Are s-off or s-on? If you are s-off you can flash the firmware and then a 4.3 rom. If you are s-on you will need to RUU to get 4.3

passion4tech

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Wifi calling and Security updates are worth the update, but I heard that 4.4.3 has battery drain issues. Is that true?

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Wifi calling and Security updates are worth the update, but I heard that 4.4.3 has battery drain issues. Is that true?

It depends. When you update the ROM, you should either do a reset or cache clear in recovery.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site

To be honest, my philosophy with smart phones (especially Android ones) is that there's no loss in taking almost any update, especially because they always contain important under-the-hood fixes and improvements, and also because it's easy to go back to the previous version with a Nandroid Backup, for instance.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

You would have to unroot in order to accept the OTA. However, if you are rooted, S-Off, and have a custom Recovery, you are free to flash a custom ROM and actually be ahead of Sense.

If you choose to do this, make a Nandroid of your current setup and that way you have a base to refer back to if anything goes wrong.

benny3

Flashoholic!!
Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

You would have to unroot in order to accept the OTA. However, if you are rooted, S-Off, and have a custom Recovery, you are free to flash a custom ROM and actually be ahead of Sense.

If you choose to do this, make a Nandroid of your current setup and that way you have a base to refer back to if anything goes wrong.
He should be on the latest firmware also. There can be some issues being on the 4.3 software and not the firmware to. Some have did it without a hitch but others have had issues

passion4tech

Banned
Sep 1, 2014
Visit site

Good news everyone I successfully gained s-off and updated to 4.4.3 with no problems so far. Thank you everyone again for your expertise.