Help! stuck with formatting/cache... when trying to reboot

yuyuelife

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Today I was going to reboot my htc one m8. But something bad happened.IMAG0938.jpg

And I have been stuck with this for like an hour... I don't know what to do. I cannot restart it in any way. please help me out....T_T

Last edited:

yuyuelife

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I did. Press volume+ and power for 10s, the text will disappear and press volume+ and power again, the text shows again. No reaction after pressing volume- and power....

yuyuelife

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
right now, the text disappeared. It's just the picture of small phone with green circle. When I press volume+ and power, it will turn off. When I press volume- and power, it will restart. But it comes back to the picture of small phone with green circle again...

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
So, all you were trying to do was restart the phone? Right now, your stuck in stock recovery. I've never seen that happen before.

Posted via the Android Central App

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
As soon as it restarts, hold down the volume - rocker and it should boot into fastboot. From there you can run, fastboot erase cache and then, fastboot reboot

Posted via the Android Central App

Yusuvic

Jul 26, 2016
Visit site
Hey friend I had the same problem ,my phone stuck on formatting/data mode for 2 days, and I did as u told. Now it is stuck on Fastboot mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol