Help! Accidentally deleted internal storage on Philz. Lost my backups.

SabalSabal

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I was using Philz on my one m8 and I accidentally pressed "wipe all data/factory reset" and so my nandroid backups don't exist anymore. I have some on my laptop but when I connect my phone using usb, the phone doesn't even show up. All I can do is access recovery because technically there's no rom in my phone anymore. Please help, what can I do to push my old recoveries on my laptop to my phone or at least restore my phone to stock.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. You can load a flashable .zip file to an SD card, insert it into the M8 and then flash it that way. That will at least get you up and running.

SabalSabal

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a micro sd card slot in my laptop. I've been looking online and it says that I have to use adb. I'm not that advanced in the android arena and I wouldn't know how to do this. Could you (or anyone at all actually) please help me with this. All the online tutorials use twrp as the example recovery and I have Philz. Also where do I download ADB and fastboot from (I have the HTC Drivers in case that helps) and will it work considering my laptop doesn't even recognize my phone when plugged in using usb.

By the way my m8 is the gsm edition. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey, thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a micro sd card slot in my laptop. I've been looking online and it says that I have to use adb. I'm not that advanced in the android arena and I wouldn't know how to do this. Could you (or anyone at all actually) please help me with this. All the online tutorials use twrp as the example recovery and I have Philz. Also where do I download ADB and fastboot from (I have the HTC Drivers in case that helps) and will it work considering my laptop doesn't even recognize my phone when plugged in using usb.

By the way my m8 is the gsm edition. Thanks a lot in advance for your help.
You can get card readers that plug into USB ports. Then get a micro SD Card (they should come with an adaptor).

weiwwlc

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
Help! Accidentally deleted whatsapp media files from internal storage

Try to use data recovery application eg recuva, testdisk .. to recover my lost whatsapp media files from phone internal storage, but the application totally can't detect my phone, pls help :( need to recover urgently !!

z-man

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I gotcha covered buddy, you can sideload a rom and RUU if you need to, side loading will fix you right up.

I tried to post a link but my thread count disappeared, guess I haven't been on for a while but if you search XDA for sideloading you will find instructions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teapotsax