Help rooting HTC One M8 Verizon 4.4.4

gkginger101

Aug 19, 2014
Visit site
So I just got a replacement One M8 after I busted the screen on my last one. I have been wanting to root for a little while but it was too much of a hassle because of losing all of my data off of the last one. I am all backed up now because I just got a replacement device and I wanted to root it now. It is running on 4.4.4 and I have verizon. I have seen some places that that is why I am running into some trouble. I was following this video "How to Root HTC One M8!" on youtube (can't post links just quite yet)

and I ran into some issues when it got to the htcdev.com and i needed to submit my token. I got error message:
Error Code: 172.
Error Reason: CID Not Allowed (MID not exist in Model Rule).
and I saw somewhere that this is because I am on Verizon. Is there anyway to root my phone on verizon and 4.4.4? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
Weaksauce 2 will only give you temporary root. The only permanent solution right now is Sunshine. Sunshine will unlock the boot loader and give you root and s-off. There is a $25 charge for Sunshine, but it works extremely well.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
educationalco22