Please help. I replace my screen and now my phone only loads into bootloader.

Dan Lee1

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
I have never rooted it and don't know much about the software side of phones. I replaced my screen and it was working great. Last night when I was out my battery died and when I got home and tried to charge it/turn it on it loaded into bootloader. The info I have on my screen is.
*** Software status: Official***
*** Locked ***
M8_WLV PVT Ship S-On
HBoot-3.19.0.0000
Radio-1.09.20.0926
OpenDSP-v46.2.2-00564-m8974_FO.0811
OS-3.28.605.4
eMM -boot 2048MB
Sep 30 2014, 01:16:07.0
I have tried multiple chargers and when I try to select anything with the power button I get no response. I have verizon if it makes any difference
If anyone could please help me it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Sounds as if you did something wrong when you replaced the screen - didn't lock the connector, pinched a wire, disconnected something, blew something on the motherboard ...

This is why I strongly recommend that people who aren't experienced at fixing cellphones don't do their own hardware repairs. Now you have to bring the phone to Verizon or a repair shop to get it fixed. (I suspect that you'll end up needing a new motherboard, but analyzing a problem like that without having the phone here is like he blind men and the elephant. Your phone feels like it has a tail at each end. [Google the story if you don't understand.])