HTC One M8 Lollipop Install Failure v 2.8.03

loop7

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
New to the forums and I'm extremely green when it comes to phones.

I have an unlocked M8 I use with T-Mo (T-Mo splash screen on startup) which has been just great.

When I clicked the notification to install Lollipop this morning, it downloaded and I clicked update. Then, the phone rebooted and I saw the "entering recovery," Team Win splash screens and then the TeamWin UI (v 2.8.03) appeared. The person from whom I bought the phone disclosed fully that he had rooted the phone but I have no way to contact him for help.

I naively clicked the install icon in Team Win and even located what I assumed is the update from Tmo (OTA_M8_UL_L50_SENSE60_MR_TOMUS_4.20.531.4-3.3....) then swiped to confirm flash after which numerous lines of failure messages appeared including "Error executing updater binary...."

I then clicked reboot and the phone works as usual but obviously Lollipop was not installed.

Q: Can the OTA update even be installed on this phone? If so, how would I do it?

Q: Can I somehow eliminate the recovery and just make this a "normal" phone again? Not a deal breaker if not.

Any help is much appreciated.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, forgot to put link in original post. That will get you back to stock. Completely. Tmo stock htc one like you bought it from the store. ⏬⏬⏬

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781