HELP! Stuck in Fastboot Menu. ***TAMPERED*** ***RELOCKED*** ***SECURITY WARNING***

jabba dehutt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Hi this is my first time on any kind of forum so sorry if i am doing anyting wrong here.

So i got this HTC One M8 second hand, it is AT&T and was working fine. but i f***** up and rooted it and flashed a new ROM on to it. Unfortunatly i didn't see the warning that the Wi-Fi wouldnt work if i did this with S-ON. so i attempted using the RUU version 3.42.502.1 . I tried several times but it always failed. I got Error 155 - unknown. then i read on this forum that someone RELOCKED their bootloader and it worked. So i relocked it.
Now it is stuck on the FastBoot Menu and i cant: Reboot, go into Recovery OR Factory reset.

PLEASE HELP!

I looked at several forums and couldn't find anything that worked. Thanks

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
From The fastboot screen , did you run command, fastboot OEM rebootRUU
? Then You run command fastboot flash zip "RUU".zip
("RUU" being whatever your zip file is named)
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
In That order. Should run fine after that.

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook! :D

jabba dehutt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
No i didnt do anything in the fastboot screen. I ran the RUU from my computer and my phone was on as normal. I left the RUU to do its thing on my phone and an error occured when the RUU got through step 1 and now it is stuck on the fastboot menu and all the options i press cause it to reboot back onto the fast boot menu.

jabba dehutt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
From The fastboot screen , did you run command, fastboot OEM rebootRUU
? Then You run command fastboot flash zip "RUU".zip
("RUU" being whatever your zip file is named)
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot erase cache
fastboot reboot
In That order. Should run fine after that.

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook! :D

No i didnt do anything in the fastboot screen. I ran the RUU from my computer and my phone was on as normal. I left the RUU to do its thing on my phone and an error occured when the RUU got through step 1 and now it is stuck on the fastboot menu and all the options i press cause it to reboot back onto the fast boot menu.

jabba dehutt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I followed the steps on the website and when it didnt work for the 50th time i went to the forums and saw that people had luck by reblocking the bootloader. So i reblocked it using and AIO HTC One M8 kit that i downloaded and ran through the RUU again. I got excited when it rebooted the phone and the HTC logo showed up. Then the RUU showd an error 155 and quit itself. So i unplugged the phone and then its now stuck on the Fast boot

jabba dehutt

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
OMG THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!!!
I thought i was on the latest RUU but i was too hasty. My HTC One M8 is now on Android 5.0 (which i wanted from the start) and running PERFECTLY!!
THANK you so much you saved me a world of hassle

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
OMG THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!!!
I thought i was on the latest RUU but i was too hasty. My HTC One M8 is now on Android 5.0 (which i wanted from the start) and running PERFECTLY!!
THANK you so much you saved me a world of hassle

Glad it helped, but I think benny3 or Nexus HTC PS deserve more credit than me.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech