Hi this is my first time on any kind of forum so sorry if i am doing anyting wrong here.

So i got this HTC One M8 second hand, it is AT&T and was working fine. but i f***** up and rooted it and flashed a new ROM on to it. Unfortunatly i didn't see the warning that the Wi-Fi wouldnt work if i did this with S-ON. so i attempted using the RUU version 3.42.502.1 . I tried several times but it always failed. I got Error 155 - unknown. then i read on this forum that someone RELOCKED their bootloader and it worked. So i relocked it.
    Now it is stuck on the FastBoot Menu and i cant: Reboot, go into Recovery OR Factory reset.

PLEASE HELP!

I looked at several forums and couldn't find anything that worked. Thanks
    04-14-2015 09:21 AM
    Welcome to the forums. I have never done an RUU before, but here are a set of instructions for HTC from their own website: HTC One (M8) AT&T - News & download - Support | HTC United States
    benny3 and jabba dehutt like this.
    04-14-2015 09:48 AM
    From The fastboot screen , did you run command, fastboot OEM rebootRUU
    ? Then You run command fastboot flash zip "RUU".zip
    ("RUU" being whatever your zip file is named)
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot
    In That order. Should run fine after that.

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook!
    jabba dehutt likes this.
    04-14-2015 03:11 PM
    No i didnt do anything in the fastboot screen. I ran the RUU from my computer and my phone was on as normal. I left the RUU to do its thing on my phone and an error occured when the RUU got through step 1 and now it is stuck on the fastboot menu and all the options i press cause it to reboot back onto the fast boot menu.
    04-15-2015 04:13 PM
    From The fastboot screen , did you run command, fastboot OEM rebootRUU
    ? Then You run command fastboot flash zip "RUU".zip
    ("RUU" being whatever your zip file is named)
    fastboot reboot-bootloader
    fastboot erase cache
    fastboot reboot
    In That order. Should run fine after that.

No i didnt do anything in the fastboot screen. I ran the RUU from my computer and my phone was on as normal. I left the RUU to do its thing on my phone and an error occured when the RUU got through step 1 and now it is stuck on the fastboot menu and all the options i press cause it to reboot back onto the fast boot menu.
    04-15-2015 04:14 PM
    I followed the steps on the website and when it didnt work for the 50th time i went to the forums and saw that people had luck by reblocking the bootloader. So i reblocked it using and AIO HTC One M8 kit that i downloaded and ran through the RUU again. I got excited when it rebooted the phone and the HTC logo showed up. Then the RUU showd an error 155 and quit itself. So i unplugged the phone and then its now stuck on the Fast boot
    04-15-2015 04:23 PM
    The problem is you are s-on and trying to use a older version RUU. Download the one in the link its 4.28.502.1. After relocking the bootloader you always want to reboot back into the bootloader. Make sure you are in fastboot usb mode and run the RUU. Bookmark the second link so you'll have it

HTC One (M8) AT&T - News & download - Support | HTC United States

rom-downloads - Support | HTC United States
    Golfdriver97 and jabba dehutt like this.
    04-15-2015 10:02 PM
    OMG THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!!!
    I thought i was on the latest RUU but i was too hasty. My HTC One M8 is now on Android 5.0 (which i wanted from the start) and running PERFECTLY!!
    THANK you so much you saved me a world of hassle
    04-16-2015 01:59 PM
    OMG THANK YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!!!
    I thought i was on the latest RUU but i was too hasty. My HTC One M8 is now on Android 5.0 (which i wanted from the start) and running PERFECTLY!!
    THANK you so much you saved me a world of hassle
    Glad it helped, but I think benny3 or Nexus HTC PS deserve more credit than me.
    NEXUS_HTC_PS likes this.
    04-16-2015 09:10 PM
    Glad it helped, but I think benny3 or Nexus HTC PS deserve more credit than me.
    Much appreciated. We are all here to help!

Golfdriver97 likes this.
    04-17-2015 12:34 AM
    hello
    i have the same problem with my htc one max
    cid : htc_621
    stuck in fast boot
    S-on
    Tamperd
    re locked
    security warning
    i got the problem when i am trying to S-OFF to back my htc to the stock and locked because the fingerprint stopped working.
    this is picture for the mobile boot loader
    HELP!  Stuck in Fastboot Menu. ***TAMPERED***  ***RELOCKED***  ***SECURITY WARNING***-20160825_025740.jpg
    https://img.xda-cdn.com/Dl3k53VjrqZO...825_025740.jpg
    i hope that you can help me please
    08-28-2016 02:54 PM