I have an HTC One M7 that I tried unsuccessfully to return to 100% stock. I was running Cayanogenmod 11 and TWRP. It worked great. But I wanted to sell my old phone back after upgrading to an M8. After several days of trying, I was not sucessful in returning to stock.

The main issue appears to be S-On. I could not get to S-Off, and so could not use an RUU to reapply a stock ROM, Recovery, etc. I could get a stock ROM back on it using Guru Reset from HTC One Guru, but then the screen was inactive. So I used a mouse to try to complete the process.

I tried using rumrunner to get S-off but it did not work.

Bottom line, I could not get S-OFF, and bootloader shows Relocked, and there is a TAMPER indicator. And I never did get a working stock ROM and Recovery loaded.

So is this possible and I'm just missing something?
    07-21-2015 03:22 PM
    I have an HTC One M7 that I tried unsuccessfully to return to 100% stock. I was running Cayanogenmod 11 and TWRP. It worked great. But I wanted to sell my old phone back after upgrading to an M8. After several days of trying, I was not sucessful in returning to stock.

The main issue appears to be S-On. I could not get to S-Off, and so could not use an RUU to reapply a stock ROM, Recovery, etc. I could get a stock ROM back on it using Guru Reset from HTC One Guru, but then the screen was inactive. So I used a mouse to try to complete the process.

I tried using rumrunner to get S-off but it did not work.

Bottom line, I could not get S-OFF, and bootloader shows Relocked, and there is a TAMPER indicator. And I never did get a working stock ROM and Recovery loaded.

So is this possible and I'm just missing something?
    what carrier ?
    07-23-2015 09:16 PM
    what carrier ?
    Sprint
    11-11-2015 05:02 PM
    Sprint
    Use The RUU to return it back to stock
    HTC One (Sprint) - News & download - Support | HTC United States
    11-15-2015 07:51 PM
    I tried that on my M7, and it didn't work because I am S-ON. I need a way to get S-Off I think, and also to remove the "Tampered" flag. How can I achieve that? I don't want to root my M8, have a problem that I need warranty work on, and not be able to get back to stock without the "Tampered" flag.
    11-16-2015 10:31 AM