Developer editon using OSX

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi,

I am currently rooted and am using ViperRom which I like, however there are some apps I need like Sky Go that won't work on rooted devices unfortunately. I would like to change to a developer edition using my mac but I can only see instructions on how to do this using RUU files. Are there any zip files available for me to do this or is there a way I can convert using RUU on a mac? I am unlocked and S-Off. Any help will be appreciated. Would using bootcamp or parallels work?

Last edited:

kientux

Aug 10, 2015
Visit site
You must use Windows. RUUs come with 2 types: exe and zip. Although zip can be flashed using fastboot which available on Mac OSX, RUUs zips can only be flashed using htc_fastboot.exe, obviously on Windows. Bootcamp will work for sure. You could try Parallels Desktop, but I'm not sure if it can recognize your device.

You can find all files you need on xda-developers forum, HTC M8 section.

Aug 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your help. I have tried there and have not had any joy so far. I tried rooting the M8 using parallels previously but had issues with opening the command prompt window so I wasn't sure I was going to have the same issue with using RUU files in parallels.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
You can flash a RUU zip using a Mac OS X just like you would on Windows. I use both operating systems and I can do the exact same thing here and there. Just look in the General and Android & Development sections for the proper threads on how to do this or just use Google.

Find the correct RUU zip and search for instructions on how to achieve that. You can also avoid all of that by renaming the RUU zip to a certain name (which you will also find if you Google), place it on your external SD card, and just run it from fastboot on your device and you're good to go.

To make it easier for you, here's the proper method:

Method 1

No computer required. Everything else still required. s-off, super CID/gpe CID etc..

1. Rename the RUU zip file 0p6bimg.zip (if your hboot is looking for a different name then rename it to whatever it's looking for)
2. Place the zip on your external SD card
3. Power off your phone
4. Boot into Hboot (hold down vol down as you power on the device)
5. it will load the zip and ask you if you want to proceed
6. Say yes
7. Wait
8. Profit

You can use this thread for guidance on the matter.

Important note: Your device must be S-OFF to do any of that!

EDIT: I just read that your device is S-OFF so you should be good to go. Make sure your CID matches the RUU zip you're trying to flash, or just make it easier on yourself and go SuperCID; you can do that by following this tutorial.

http://sakitechonline.com/how-to-change-the-cid-number-of-your-htc-one-to-supercid-m8-or-m7/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781