Missing 'System Update' Option and error 155 for RUU

sachoyaaa

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I have a problem. I purchased an unlocked one M8 from Amazon a few months ago. However, I have realized that I do not have the "software update" option in my 'about' settings. Upon searching, I found an option in HTC Guide to check for updates. I tried this but the circle just spins for minutes without actually giving me any feedback. A few minutes ago, I decided to try a manual update by downloading the M8 marshmallow Ota from the HTC website. This method failed and flashed a error 155. What could be causing this problem? Thanks in advance.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings>>about>>software information and post what the software number is.

Digitally assigned space taken up by my Chromebook, M9 or N9 <(•.•)>

sachoyaaa

Feb 7, 2016
Visit site
I am S-off. I purchased the phone as 'unlocked'. Not sure what that means but I unlocked the boot loader yesterday. I think it was rooted but yesterday i saw this super su thing and i deleted it. It did say something about unrooting as well. When i re-downloaded the super su today, it told me that there was no binary or something of the sort and that i would have to manually root the phone again.

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I have the exact same problem. Did you find a resolution? If so how?

You must be S-OFF. Pretty sure that error code is because you're trying to flash an RUU that does not match your firmware number *facepalm* Make XDA your best friend if you plan on tinkering with your phones people. It's truly not hard. Spend some time reading... Or don't. But it's your phone.

From me to you by the Power Cosmic

BryanNikson

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
I tried but there seems to be a lot that I need to understand before I start messing with the phone lol
You sure the link you provided would work for me? Can Confirm I'm S-OFF

NEXUS_HTC_PS

Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
I tried but there seems to be a lot that I need to understand before I start messing with the phone lol
You sure the link you provided would work for me? Can Confirm I'm S-OFF

I can't confirm anything unless I know your firmware number.

From me to you by the Power Cosmic

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech