Cannot unlock HTC One M8 bootloader

MarkT2017

Jan 4, 2017
Visit site
My HTC one m8 (3mobile Ireland) stopped working after a recent update. Now getting an error saying ***Software Status Modified***
***LOCKED***
***Secuirty Warning***
None of the HBOOT options work. I thought the bootloader might be locked so i got the unlock "Unlock_code.bin" file from the HTCdev webiste. When i run the command "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin", i get the option on the phone to unlock the bootloader, i select yes reboot the phone but it just goes back to the same message i am getting above. I dont think the bootloader is getting unlocked for some resason. Is it because USB debugging is not enabled on the phone. I would not have had that setting enabled before the phone stopped working. Is there any way to enable it from the PC using the adb.exe command or any other command? The PC can see the phone as the Android 1.0 driver is installed and i can communicate with the phone using the fastboot commands. The HTC Sync manager doesnt see the phone it just shows a 'no phone connected' message. Also when i run the command 'adb devices' it doesnt list any attached devices. Maybe it is an issue with the HTC driver not communicating with the PC correctly? I would appreciate any advice.

Last edited:

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
USB debugging would be needed for things like this. I don't think there is a way to turn it on without that setting enabled.

Mod note: Moved to HTC M8 forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084