HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
i was talking about the multitask button.

but i thought 3 dot on screen button was only added because they took out the multitask button?
correct me if i am wrong. I dont recall seeing the 3 dots on non htc devices

The three dot menu button and multi-task button have different functions. Multi-task button brings up a list of all the apps you have used recently. Three dot menu button brings up the menu options (settings etc).

Both the HTC One X and HTC One had this hideous 3 dot menu bar that would show up when an app didn't integrate the menu button into the app itself. Nexus devices and other phones with on-screen buttons would have the three dot menu pop up on the navigation bar when an app required a menu.

HTC had to release updates to fix the issue. And now with the the new HTC One having on-screen buttons, I assume the layout would be just like the Nexus/Xperia/MotoX layouts. Back, home, multi-task and menu 'burger' popping up when required.

IMO this is a better layout than the back/home capacitive buttons of the One.

Last edited:

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Bit of a weird design is you ask me.

Maybe it's just a prototype and isn't the final product.

I do like where HTC is going with this though and hopefully it's as awesome as I hope it's going to be.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
Bfw22HYIUAIHgez.pngBfwz273IIAETePc.jpg
a couple images posted by @HTCFamily_RU on twitter.
both images were claimed to be fake by original poster...
I feel the one on the right looks pretty real so I decided to do a photo analysis to check the legitimacy of this "fake" leaked image...

NOTE: I am no expert or professional or anything....just trying to use common sense to investigate...

1. Camera looks legit:
If this is indeed is a photoshopped image, the photo shopper would likely to duplicate the camera and put it up on top...
I attempted coping and pasting the camera and size it down...
The result is higher fidelity image than the original... because of the sized down pixels. Also notice the reflective white ring from the copied camera.

2. LED looks legit:
if this is indeed a photoshopped image, the photoshopper would likely to duplicate the LED with a simple copy and paste.
I simple copy the lower LED and put it next to top LED
When zoomed out, they look identical. When zoomed in, they clearly have different composition
htconem8.jpg

Conclusion:
Either this is the work of a master photoshoper...who went out of his way to rez down the camera and toned out the reflection... AND ... carefully changed the LED pixel composition without making it look weird....

or it's totally legit.

Last edited:

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
If this is inded the real m8 I'll pass on the g2 and wait for this. Just hope they increase the quality if the camera on this beast

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I am totally waiting for this.

Dual cam with the lytro camera ability > any 40MP cameras
That is like carrying a DSLR in your pocket

I just hope the picture quality is much improved this time

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Evleaks just tweeted a screenshot from the M8. It looks pretty sweet.

5ebazemy.jpg

Sent from my HTC One

anon(677651)

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
htc-one-2-m8-teaser.jpg,
HTC Netherlands in mid-January tweeted a teaser image possibly showing the HTC M8 (which is what the HTC One 2 is currently referred to). The picture indicates the next-gen flagship may be slightly bigger in size than its predecessor, suggesting the phone will have a 5-inch display, as some rumors claim.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC