HTC One 2 aka HTC M8 rumor round-up: camera, specs, release date and design

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
problem is he'll come with Snapdragon 800. a bit outdated when you plan your next flagship.
hope they'll be able to stick to the latest.

I don't see a problem. The HTC One was already really snappy with the Snapdragon 600, so an even more powerful Snapdragon 800 and the new Sense would be fine IMO.

Software optimisation is the key. That's why the Galaxy S4 had the same cpu but ran like a dog.

Specs aren't the be all in phones anymore IMO. More interested to see how well HTC optimize their software.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't see a problem. The HTC One was already really snappy with the Snapdragon 600, so an even more powerful Snapdragon 800 and the new Sense would be fine IMO.

Software optimisation is the key. That's why the Galaxy S4 had the same cpu but ran like a dog.

Specs aren't the be all in phones anymore IMO. More interested to see how well HTC optimize their software.

It'll be interesting to see what they'll come out with, I think the fact their one of the main OEM's to release their phones first plays another factor as well. Apart of me reckons they might end up going 64 bit.

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
What's funny is that the Snapdragon 200/400/600/800 is not even an outdated chipset but it's most current one so I don't get why you would say outdated.. Snapdragon 805 is great but still part of that series..

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
What's funny is that the Snapdragon 200/400/600/800 is not even an outdated chipset but it's most current one so I don't get why you would say outdated.. Snapdragon 805 is great but still part of that series..

While a good processor is good, I think software optimization is key, think of the iPhone with with a dual core 1.2ghz, it's heavily optimized hence the reason it copes well.
I would prefer a 64bit processor so it kind of makes the phone slightly future proof

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

SebasCvdB

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
While a good processor is good, I think software optimization is key, think of the iPhone with with a dual core 1.2ghz, it's heavily optimized hence the reason it copes well.
I would prefer a 64bit processor so it kind of makes the phone slightly future proof

Sorry I was responding to RozRoz :) 64 Bit is nice but before it's fully adopted it would take a while majority of devices being used will still be 32 bit for awhile plus all apps would have to be optimized to take full advantage of 64 bit processor and most apps don't really need 64 bit in my opinion...

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I was responding to RozRoz :) 64 Bit is nice but before it's fully adopted it would take a while majority of devices being used will still be 32 bit for awhile plus all apps would have to be optimized to take full advantage of 64 bit processor and most apps don't really need 64 bit in my opinion...

I agree, while making the jump to 64bit will be good for the long run, its immediate effects aren't all that, sure theirs a slight speed increase , but you need at least 4gb to take some advantage of it !

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Not too exciting here. EVLeaks is usually spot on. I'll be very interested to see how many ultra pixels we get this time. Hopefully > 4.0.

Check out @evleaks's Tweet: https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/418804925548613632

I hope so as well, the idea is great but it loses the sharpness which is seen on 8+ megapixel cameras. If it was an 8 ultra pixel camera, I think it'll be great

Alex Dobie

Executive Editor, Android Central
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Mike1986 posted some details today, including a name - the HTC One+.

Just thought I'd chime in to say this is a name we've heard from our own sources in recent days.

I can't confirm anything about the specs published today though - http://android-revolution-hd.blogspot.com/2014/01/more-details-about-htc-m8.html - though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Snap 800 in the current Dev units being swapped out with 805s in time for release.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Mike1986 posted some details today, including a name - the HTC One+.

Just thought I'd chime in to say this is a name we've heard from our own sources in recent days.

I can't confirm anything about the specs published today though - Android Revolution HD | Mobile Device Technologies: More details about the HTC M8 - though it wouldn't surprise me to see the Snap 800 in the current Dev units being swapped out with 805s in time for release.

Well now, this has me excited. Alex, I know you can't confirm or deny anything, but how accurate do you think those rumours would be? Mike1986 is a well known developer on XDA, so if he's posting something like that, I'd imagine it'd have some weighting to it.

EDIT: Some more rumours going round: http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/125...mours-and-everything-you-need-to-know-updated

Seems to differ with what Mike1986 said. Snapdragon 800 processor, exactly (?) the same camera module ( :( ), and 16gb onboard storage with an sd-slot.

Seems like the Snapdragon 805's wouldn't be ready for mass production by the time HTC wanted to push the phone out. I can see if they're using the Snapdragon 800 and the same camera module, it'd save HTC a bit of money rather than getting the latest tech, so that may be a decision they made. Who knows.

We'll just have to wait till MWC.

Last edited:

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not interested unless it has a camera upgrade. Otherwise, it's a side-grade from the original One, which runs like a champ and will get Kit Kat hopefully in a few more weeks.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm not interested unless it has a camera upgrade. Otherwise, it's a side-grade from the original One, which runs like a champ and will get Kit Kat hopefully in a few more weeks.

Yeah I hope the same camera rumours aren't true. Even if it were just a small upgrade from the One, I'd be fine with that.

Camera and battery upgrades are what I'm after most.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThatDude