What do you want to see HTC do with the One 2 (M8)?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
We've seen some leaks. We've seen the dual cameras. But what does it all mean? What should HTC do?

I'm still perfectly ok with the ID of the One. If HTC chooses not to change it I wouldn't be mad. If they somehow refine it and make it even better that would be awesome. To this day the only phone I prefer the feel of is the Moto X (mostly because of it's shape).

As for the cameras....I'm hoping it's for an always on HDR mode or something like that. No 3D or anything gimmicky. I want genuinely better pictures in daylight, with the same or better night time performance, with more detail overall. I think HTC made the right decision focusing on the areas they chose to focus on last year. This year they need to do the same but give it a slightly higher MP count so that more overall detail is captured without so much post processing (the over-sharpening of pics ruined some of them).

Keep the speakers the same or make them better.

On-screen buttons please, but then make the bottom bezel smaller (please don't let the leaks be accurate on that).

What did I miss?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Standard 32 gb storage with 64 gb as an option. I've stressed this before and I believe 8/16 gb just isn't worth anyone's time on flagship/high end devices.

Squeeze a tad more juice into the battery if possible without sacrificing overall design/size.

Wireless charging?

If it releases with a new version of Sense 6.0 ? Then please continue the trend of trimming things down and providing more options to shut things down if not desired to conserve battery and overall performance.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I'd love to see them offer the battery capacity of the Butterfly S, along with the ability to use a charging case akin to the One Max's.

Posted via Android Central App

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Standard 32 gb storage with 64 gb as an option. I've stressed this before and I believe 8/16 gb just isn't worth anyone's time on flagship/high end devices.

Squeeze a tad more juice into the battery if possible without sacrificing overall design/size.

Wireless charging?

If it releases with a new version of Sense 6.0 ? Then please continue the trend of trimming things down and providing more options to shut things down if not desired to conserve battery and overall performance.

Wireless charging isn't possible if they stick with aluminum unless they have some engineering wizardry going on. Personally, I really do like wireless charging and would love if they figured it out.

I also hope HTC doesn't scale back on the storage. They got it right with the One. No need to change it IMO.

I'd love to see them offer the battery capacity of the Butterfly S, along with the ability to use a charging case akin to the One Max's.

A charging case/cover made by HTC would be great. Not sure how I feel about a battery flapping around, though. Maybe change what side the battery is on.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
I also hope HTC doesn't scale back on the storage. They got it right with the One. No need to change it IMO.

This is my biggest fear. IF they gimp the native storage because an SD Card slot is included, I will be severely disappointed.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
All valid points. For me personally I'm afraid of the bezel size we're going to see. My last 5 phones have been HTC but if the M8 has this 3 tier bezel then I will pass for sure

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
All valid points. For me personally I'm afraid of the bezel size we're going to see. My last 5 phones have been HTC but if the M8 has this 3 tier bezel then I will pass for sure

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

I will need to see it first, but yes, it seems odd to have that large bottom bezel with onscreen buttons. Maybe this isn't final hardware that's been leaked.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site

Wireless charging?

Add microSD like they did in China and keep the 32/64GB options and make it a requirement for the carriers. That is the only way they will start bringing the bigger phones here or cur the lower tier out and go 64GB + 64GB microSD be FIRST on that.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Add microSD like they did in China and keep the 32/64GB options and make it a requirement for the carriers. That is the only way they will start bringing the bigger phones here or cur the lower tier out and go 64GB + 64GB microSD be FIRST on that.

I'd rather stay away from any forum of sdcard's. Too many headaches.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
High megapixel camera and generate enough hype. No one even cares about HTC anymore. Its samsung,LG and Sony now. HTC is going to die if they don't up their game.

Sent from HTC Note Ultra Pro on T-Mobile

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I'd rather stay away from any forum of sdcard's. Too many headaches.

Sorry to hear you had issues with microSD cards, I haven't and until we see phones arriving with 64GB or 128GB consistently out of the box microSD is a must. Memory is cheap yet they act likes its a scarce commodity.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear you had issues with microSD cards, I haven't and until we see phones arriving with 64GB or 128GB consistently out of the box microSD is a must. Memory is cheap yet they act likes its a scarce commodity.

I haven't had any issues personally in the past with my devices that supported sdcards but I believe and stand behind Google's decision to eliminate sdcards and those OEM's that follow their lead.

My opinion any flagship/high end device should offer 32 GB min w/64 GB option. As for 128 GB, that would be nice wouldn't it, but it hasn't happened yet.

thebizz

phone addict
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
HTC please don't gimp this phone in the battery department like you have done some of your previous flagship devices. Give me some kind of code to lessen the usage of the top mounted power button and if the baseline storage is still 32 gigs I would be good with this phone.

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Problem is microSD isn't used for app storage which was Google's supposed issue (ie users are too dumb to use them) but they are useful if you want multimedia storage, pictures, or whatever you carry. Personally I need, want the storage. I had the HTC One it was a great device but I just couldn't deal with Sense UI or the battery life. To see that Sense is still there and not much improved (yet we can use themes and other launchers) its just not reason to jump for joy yet.

zizu101

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
The thing we all want, less HTC Sense, more stock Google.

Not necessarily, some stock Google apps are not as good as Sense's such as the camera app. And I still want BlinkFeed .

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
The thing we all want, less HTC Sense, more stock Google.

By we you mean people reading Android Central and all other Android related and Tech Blog sites? If so, then that's the minority when it comes to phone purchases. OEM's are looking to capture purchases from the majority who consist of the average person who walks into their local wireless carrier storefront to upgrade or open a new line. Yes, they might know based on marketing that the next big thing is to be released on a particular date and may pre-order a device. But they are not reading this forum, watching AC Live Blog Samsung/HTC's announcement or tinkering with there phone to install custom ROMs/Kernels, etc. These consumers are the ones who enjoy using Sense, Touchwiz and the features that come preloaded onto these devices.

For the minority, we have GPe devices, Nexus', Rooting/Bootloader Unlocking, etc. If that doesn't work then there's the ability to install a replacement Launcher, such as Nova, Apex, etc., to give you the stock experience without having to root or mod the device.