HTC teases the all-new HTC One (M8) has having boomier BoomSound

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC teases the all-new HTC One has having boomier BoomSound

Probably the most over-hyped feature of the One. None of the other major OEMs with more than 1% U.S. market share or 3% globally) followed suit. At least Highlights was an innovative gimmick ultimately copied by Google with Auto-Awesome. Seem HTC still doesn't get it and is doubling down on dumb.

Last edited:

edgar

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

I like the sound boom speaker and not having to cup my phone.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

That's one thing I like about the One - the front facing speakers. Overall I wasn't impressed with the S5 reveal so I'm going to see what HTC offers with the "New HTC One" - I guess that's what they are calling it now. Battery life is a stickler as well as storage capacity. Time will tell.

Kylazin

May 4, 2010
Visit site

Probably the most over-hyped feature of the One. None of the other OEMs followed suit. At least Highlights was an innovative gimmick ultimately copied by Google with Auto-Awesome. Seem HTC still doesn't get it and is doubling down on dumb.

Do you get paid to troll so hard?

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site

Do you get paid to troll so hard?

If you don't care for the thread or a post, then just move on. If you believe a post is inappropriate, feel free to report the post to the moderator team.

Posting in a thread to complain is not an appropriate response. I suggest that you take the opportunity to review the AC forum rules. Accusing another member of trolling is itself considered trolling under the forum rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

Probably the most over-hyped feature of the One. None of the other OEMs followed suit. At least Highlights was an innovative gimmick ultimately copied by Google with Auto-Awesome. Seem HTC still doesn't get it and is doubling down on dumb.

Sony would like to have a word with you regarding the Z2 and its front-facing speakers. Huawei says hello too, since they've added that feature to their lineup.
But I guess I was on a sherm trip and imagined the whole thing, since according to you, nobody followed suit.

Posted via Android Central App

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

Sony would like to have a word with you regarding the Z2 and its front-facing speakers. Huawei says hello too, since they've added that feature to their lineup.
But I guess I was on a sherm trip and imagined the whole thing, since according to you, nobody followed suit.

Sorry, I should edit that to "major OEMs, with more than 1% market share". Are we good now?

ErnstMach

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I should edit that to "major OEMs, with more than 1% market share". Are we good now?

You're going to need to edit that again my naive friend. Sony and Huawei both have larger than 1% market share globally with Sony and Huawei at both at around 3%.

EDIT: Huawei even controls 10% of the Chinese smartphone market nowadays. Fringe player they are not.
Sony even has a 7.5% hold on the market in Japan, I'd say that's enough for them to be a "major OEM" especially when using your standard of >1% market share

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

You're going to need to edit that again my naive friend. Sony and Huawei both have larger than 1% market share globally with Sony and Huawei at both at around 3%.

Done!

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking forward to the improvements they've made to BoomSound. There have been several people who were impressed by the BoomSound hardware, when I demonstrated the capability to them. Playing racing and action games is a good experience for me (from an audio perspective). It makes me appreciate the effort the developers devoted to the soundtrack and sound effects.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I'm looking forward to the improvements they've made to BoomSound. There have been several people who were impressed by the BoomSound hardware, when I demonstrated the capability to them. Playing racing and action games is a good experience for me (from an audio perspective). It makes me appreciate the effort the developers devoted to the soundtrack and sound effects.

for me, the sound of my wife yelling "turn that thing down or put headphones on" killed the audio capabilities of the speakers

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

for me, the sound of my wife yelling "turn that thing down or put headphones on" killed the audio capabilities of the speakers

So why try to downplay it if your wife was the one dogging you about it? That makes no sense.

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

I'm not touching this one.. What goes on in the bedroom is none of my business. Nice try though.Lol.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

So why try to downplay it if your wife was the one dogging you about it? That makes no sense.

I think it's a well executed gimmick but I don't think the market is clamoring for cell phones with stereo speakers since a lot of folks use headphones.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

I think it's a well executed gimmick but I don't think the market is clamoring for cell phones with stereo speakers since a lot of folks use headphones.

With this statement now I can agree. But when something is good, it's good. The HTC One does non-headphone speakers well, but you're likely right in saying most people have headphones in.

anon(829886)

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site

I use the speakers on my phone daily when I'm home. It's one of the main reasons I'm probably getting the M8.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bjammmin007