06-14-2014 03:16 PM
139 12345 ...
tools
    A lot of games have app data that can be stored on the sd card, I know this because Bard's tale put 3.5gb of data on mine.
    That game is fairly huge, I keep wanting to try it but I want to play it on my Nexus which is 32GB and I don't really take pictures/video with the Nexus, so it's great for storing the larger games (plus a bigger screen doesn't hurt in these things).
    03-01-2014 08:59 PM
    Oh..I hated the way it felt in my hand, the cheapness of the plastic, and TouchWiz to name a few things..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    non tech people amaze me with what makes a phone great or crap.

There was the guy complaining about the OS....really? Carrier/Manufacturer flavored android sucks period. If it was that big of a concern you can root and install a rom or make changes as needed. The "cheap plastic" feeling can be fixed by having a case which you should have on the phone(samsung knows this and saved on plastic = smart...adding a few onces of metal filler around frame(htc) does not make the phone more durable)...i personally use both htc and samsung and can tell you most of you are just spouting hyperbole about these phones. the truth is, look at the specs and test under real world conditions....also if you "believe" beats audio is an improvement of anything but marketing you are already lost in a world of advertising
    03-02-2014 12:16 PM
    Well being that the Samsung S5 is the same piece of 5h1t as the S4, I can't really see anyone with any true knowledge of smartphones choosing it over the M8. That being said, they'll still sell millions to unintelligent buyers on the shoulders of Samsung's marketing budget.
    What are you talking about? do you have anything solid, information, references about your vast knowledge...I'm not defending Samsung or HTC but ^ this? How much is HTC paying you to linger around here?
    Premium1, japetty and GrooveRite like this.
    03-02-2014 12:20 PM

There was the guy complaining about the OS....really? Carrier/Manufacturer flavored android sucks period. If it was that big of a concern you can root and install a rom or make changes as needed. The "cheap plastic" feeling can be fixed by having a case which you should have on the phone(samsung knows this and saved on plastic = smart...adding a few onces of metal filler around frame(htc) does not make the phone more durable)...i personally use both htc and samsung and can tell you most of you are just spouting hyperbole about these phones. the truth is, look at the specs and test under real world conditions....also if you "believe" beats audio is an improvement of anything but marketing you are already lost in a world of advertising
    Though you already know this, what makes a phone great or not so great to you is not necessarily the same for someone else. That doesn't necessarily mean your opinion is irrelevant or invalid, it's just your opinion and preferences. Some people couldn't care less about a phone's "specs" as long as the phone provides the experience they expect. Motorola is depending on that viewpoint with their X. Some people do care about the design, build materials, and build quality of their electronics. I certainly do but because you may not doesn't make my preferences any more or less valid. None of the above makes a person less or more tech savvy, it's just preferences.

Again, you're here, so you likely already know all of this but the way you phrased your post may lead some to believe it couldn't hurt to have it pointed out.

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
    03-02-2014 12:33 PM

Well I dont really care if its beats audio or any other factor creating the premium sound. The Htc One sounds very good for a cell phone period. Also I never use a case so in your theory of OEM's designing phone's with the idea that the build material and aesthetics are not important??? I think thats the farthest thing from the truth and think Sammy would argue the same. Just look at the Note 3 and this new S5. I think they're paying a lot of attention to look and feel and doing a nice job of it.

The htc One is an aluminum unibody design so where you're getting a few ounces of metal from is beyond me.

The only fact is that many people have totally different ideas of what a phone should or should not have.
    supreme83 likes this.
    03-02-2014 12:46 PM
    I've seen a lot of people say that I've only stated my opinion (even though I believe everything I said to be fact). Can someone inform me what about the Galaxy S4 or S5 appeals to them? Is it really just the removable battery and/or the SD slot? Aside from those two factors, I literally cannot find a single redeeming factor of those devices. They're that bad. Why would anyone purchase the S5 over the new HTC One (assuming the leaks are accurate)?
    03-02-2014 04:18 PM
    I've seen a lot of people say that I've only stated my opinion (even though I believe everything I said to be fact). Can someone inform me what about the Galaxy S4 or S5 appeals to them? Is it really just the removable battery and/or the SD slot? Aside from those two factors, I literally cannot find a single redeeming factor of those devices. They're that bad. Why would anyone purchase the S5 over the new HTC One (assuming the leaks are accurate)?
    Well, I'm not an big S4 fan or and I don't care for the back and colors of the S5 at all. So, I have no reason to defend them.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    03-02-2014 04:21 PM
    When I purchased the S4, I choose it over the HTC One because I personally witness a company return 1000 HTC Thunderbolts.

Now my wife got a HTC One and it has been a solid phone for her.

Point is sometimes it is not about specs or looks, its about reputation and experiences.
    srkmagnus likes this.
    03-02-2014 04:35 PM
    With my DEV Edition GS4 I get 23 hrs + battery life with over 3 hours screen time. Customized out the wazoo. I can flash TouchWiz, ASOP, or AOKP roms & kernels. Even have some Note 3 stylus Samsung apps going. No lag, snappy. Good enough camera with some neat features. Meets my requirements for SD card support & removable battery. Size is just right. Couldn't get Nexus 5 on vzw anyway but it would have needed a 64GB version to be considered.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    03-02-2014 05:26 PM
    Was going with the S5 as it has the Micro SD slot, but after the leak showing HTC One M8 with a Micro SD slot, I will be getting the M8.
    ibcop likes this.
    03-03-2014 09:31 AM
    It's that bad in your opinion. When I got the S4 because to me, it was the better phone. Better camera, better battery life, better screen, expandable storage and a removable battery. I'm sure the S5 will be no different in comparison to the new One

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2
    madlaw1071 likes this.
    03-03-2014 10:23 AM
    Does the M8 have infrared? For using it as Dvr & TV remote?

03-03-2014 10:44 AM
    I loved my S3 - but when the S4 dropped, I bought that device for the better battery and camera and have not been disappointed. However, I will say I don't think there is enough to the S5 to justify full donkey pricing. Sure it has a little better camera and battery but it also has stuff I'll never use such as the heartbeat monitor among other things. I've always liked the One, especially the front facing speakers. No one should have to cup the rear speaker in order to get better sound, but that's my opinion. The lack of SD Card kept me from picking it up - but it seems the new One will have it, if the leaks are confirmed. I can deal with a non-removable battery as long as I can make it through the day. One thing that irks me is having to cripple a device in order to get a work day worth of battery life - we shouldn't have to dim the screen, turn off features, etc to get through the day. Make a battery that will last - the Note 3 has an awesome battery but it's also like holding a ham sandwich to your ear.

The M8 (or whatever the official name is) has my attention - we will see what the final product is soon enough.
    03-03-2014 10:48 AM
    Really depends. However if I am sold on one device it will more than likely be the new HTC One.2 or whatever they call it. Or who knows I might just keep my One longer. Not to sure personally yet.
    03-03-2014 10:52 AM
    M8 for sure.

I hate the S series and only bought the S4 to profit off it.
    03-03-2014 07:41 PM
    neither, the Z2 crushes them both.
    rob damiani likes this.
    03-04-2014 08:04 PM
    Awww, no need to hate. Go get that Z2 and call it a day.
    03-04-2014 08:32 PM
    Not for me at least, the glass-metal-glass sandwich design just doesn't look good IMO.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-04-2014 08:38 PM
    Well being that the Samsung S5 is the same piece of 5h1t as the S4, I can't really see anyone with any true knowledge of smartphones choosing it over the M8. That being said, they'll still sell millions to unintelligent buyers on the shoulders of Samsung's marketing budget.
    And the M8 is not pretty much the same as the HTC One? (except for the SD Card)
    I really hope the camera is not like how it was on the leaked video...otherwise other than a good quality camera, doesnt really have a lot of modes to choose from

The HTC One M8 is a pretty nyce phone, but I gotta go with Samsung on this one...The Water Resistance won it over for me
    03-04-2014 08:41 PM
    Yeah the Z2 is pretty sick! I was really impressed with it too...the GS5 and the Z2 are my top contenders
    03-04-2014 08:43 PM
    Not for me at least, the glass-metal-glass sandwich design just doesn't look good IMO.

You're eyes must be failing you my friend because that design is quite nice and clean! My concern/worry about that design is fragility and durability, IMO.
    03-04-2014 09:11 PM
    I'm going to be holding out for sometime before going with a device but I like what I've seen so far of the M8! How it'll perform for my needs is another thing.
    03-04-2014 09:19 PM
    You're eyes must be failing you my friend because that design is quite nice and clean! My concern/worry about that design is fragility and durability, IMO.
    Perhaps it is indeed my eyes! But alas it just doesn't do it for me! ☺ Durability concerns factor in for me as well.

GrooveRite likes this.
    03-04-2014 09:27 PM
    Does the M8 have infrared? For using it as Dvr & TV remote?

Yes, it does!! Another great feature of the ONE

wtherrell likes this.
    03-04-2014 10:46 PM
    I'll be in line the first day of release of the M8!

03-04-2014 10:48 PM
139 12345 ...