03-11-2014 05:34 PM
81 ... 234
tools
    You're completely missing what I'm saying about the physical size of the pixel not having an affect on the image quality. You keep referring back to total MP count, which is the sole factor making cropping better. Which I already agreed with.

What I'm talking about is the actual physical pixel being better in the One than the S4. Physical size limited the resolution of the sensor, and HTC's algorithms screwed up the results sometimes, but the actual pixel is better at capturing light. The major problem HTC needs to fix to "appease" people is the resolution of the resulting image, which for all we know they're doing with this dual camera setup.
    One MP isn't going to help them when you can resize a Note 3 or S5 13/16MP image to the at size and still end up with a better image.

That's the issue. I need at lease 8 MP. There are images I took of historical monuments with my S3 from across the street and I could read the text on it. That would not be the case with a 5 MP camera. Light was perfect (great summer day) so the pixels taking in more light would hardly help them there.

I was standing on the thing. Only reason I could get a decent crop of me in that image was because of the image resolution and image sharpness at 1:1.

Almost all of these super night cameras offer dubious results so I'm not convinced sacrificing resolution for pixel size was the best way to go about it.

A larger image can be resized to mask noise and still give a sharper image. I see that they are factoring usage patterns of a majority of their users into their designs, and that does make sense to me. But it makes the phone have limited usefulness when you want to take images worth keeping on your phone because these lower resolution image are less useful than their higher resolution counterparts.

Maybe they have one normal camera and one UltraPixel camera. That would be great, though I'm interesting how the cases for the two camera design will look. That top camera is really close to the top of the phone.

I hope it isn't for 3D video recording. I thought were were over that, Lol.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk
    03-09-2014 09:38 PM
    More new HTC One features and specs leak out http://www.androidcentral.com/more-n...specs-leak-out

New leak suggests snapdragon 801

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    03-11-2014 02:57 PM
    Nice if it is the 801, the 16th of on board storage is a little worry some

Posted via Android Central App
    03-11-2014 03:50 PM
    Nice if it is the 801, the 16th of on board storage is a little worry some

Posted via Android Central App
    If that is the only option, sure. But there is indicating that there is at least a 32GB variant as well.
    03-11-2014 04:00 PM
    More new HTC One features and specs leak out More new HTC One features and specs leak out | Android Central

New leak suggests snapdragon 801

Dang - look at those specs - for all intents and purposes this is a Butterfly S with a metal body, a faster processor, and a smaller battery! Which except for the battery is not a bad thing...however if it's true I'm deeply disappointed that HTC didn't go 3k mAh on the battery, I've had three in a row (Rezound, DNA, One) each with incrementally-larger batteries (1620, 2020, 2300) with life going from dismal to ok to pretty good...while all that time the Razr Maxx has been sitting there with it's skinny 3,300mAh tongue sticking out. I've really been hoping that HTC would join the 3k crowd. We'll see how actual battery life is once the testing starts...maybe the 801 will prove significantly more-frugal than the 600.
    03-11-2014 05:33 PM
    Dang - look at those specs - for all intents and purposes this is a Butterfly S with a metal body, a faster processor, and a smaller battery! Which is not a bad thing...however if it's true I'm deeply disappointed that HTC didn't go 3k mAh on the battery, I've had three in a row (Rezound, DNA, One) each with incrementally-larger batteries (1620, 2020, 2300) with life going from dismal to ok to pretty good...while all that time the Razr Maxx has been sitting there with it's skinny 3,330mAh tongue sticking out. I've really been hoping that HTC would join the 3k crowd. We'll see how actual battery life is once the testing starts...maybe the 801 will prove significantly more-frugal than the 600.
    The 800 is already more frugal.

03-11-2014 05:34 PM
81 ... 234