The HTC One (M8) priced at 579.99 in UK has Snapdragon 800 processor

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Considering they was mocking Samsung and the S5, the use of the S800 surprises me, especially with the One Up slogan they have used.... everything seems to be One Down

Technical Specifications:
Display: 5" HD Super LCD3 display with 1080 x 1920 pixels
Memory: 32GB
Processor: Quad-core 2.3GHz processor (Qualcomm Snapdragon 800)
Connectivity: Wi-Fi, WiFi Direct, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, Micro USB, GPS, NFC
Camera: Dual 5MP at 2688 x 1520 pixels with autofocus, LED flash, HDR video 1080p@30fps and secondary 2.1MP camera, HDR video 720@30fps

Sim Free HTC One 2014 M8 - 32GB - Silver / Grey

Last edited by a moderator:

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Re: The HTC One M8 priced at 579.99 in UK has Snapdragon 800 processor

Not necessarily. The S801 is essentially a over clocked S800 with support for a new type of flash memory (that as far as I know isn't even available yet). That's it. It won't offer any real noticeable gains in speed or anything.

Posted from my Nexus 5

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

But.... its not getting one up on the S5 at all, this is what im getting at. I`m not a spec ***** by any means but considering they was saying stuff like they did i find it a bit strange when their own device is on paper older tech

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site

I think expectations are just unrealistically high, hardware has gotten to the point that hugh jumps in specs just isn't possible, especially with the scheduled release cycles we see now, it use to be that a manufacturers released a new phone only when new technology in hardware, or software, made it a big upgrade. The upside for consumers is our hardware isn't outdated overnight any longer, the down side is manufacturers add gimmicks and useless features to sale phones.

themuffinman

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site

But.... its not getting one up on the S5 at all, this is what im getting at. I`m not a spec ***** by any means but considering they was saying stuff like they did i find it a bit strange when their own device is on paper older tech

Come on, in this day and age its about user experience and they could be "one upping" samsung on user experience. If it comes with an 800 instead of an 801 there will be zero noticeable difference in performance. Also, why call it older tech when its still the best tech that is availabe as of right now? The 805 just won't be ready in enough time, what are they suppose to do, wait until later on in the year to release the New One with an 805? What will make the difference is useful software implementations and not hardware specs. Look at the moto x, specs from two years ago yet it gives you an excellent user experience.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

No mention of a sd card slot either. But it does have a 2 year warranty.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Come on, in this day and age its about user experience and they could be "one upping" samsung on user experience. If it comes with an 800 instead of an 801 there will be zero noticeable difference in performance. Also, why call it older tech when its still the best tech that is availabe as of right now? The 805 just won't be ready in enough time, what are they suppose to do, wait until later on in the year to release the New One with an 805? What will make the difference is useful software implementations and not hardware specs. Look at the moto x, specs from two years ago yet it gives you an excellent user experience.

Again..... im not a spec freak, but no matter what how you gloss over it the 801 is an update to the 800. You`re right you will see zero difference, I`m not quite sure why people have such an issue with this. If this was the spec sheet for the S5 then i know that it would be getting a worse beating from people than it is now.

And Rusty you are spot on, expectations are to high. Mobile tech has increased so rapidly that now we have hit a bit of a wall, we dont need 2k screens and dont need 3gb of ram in these devices.

I actually like the look of the HTC One M8, for some reason Muffinman acts like im bashing on it, just stating a fact regarding hardware is all, and how HTC should think before they go mocking others

You ask me why call it older tech..... um.... because technically it is, why i use the words "On paper its older tech" thats exactly what it means

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Again..... im not a spec freak, but no matter what how you gloss over it the 801 is an update to the 800. You`re right you will see zero difference, I`m not quite sure why people have such an issue with this. If this was the spec sheet for the S5 then i know that it would be getting a worse beating from people than it is now.

And Rusty you are spot on, expectations are to high. Mobile tech has increased so rapidly that now we have hit a bit of a wall, we dont need 2k screens and dont need 3gb of ram in these devices.

I actually like the look of the HTC One M8, for some reason Muffinman acts like im bashing on it, just stating a fact regarding hardware is all, and how HTC should think before they go mocking others

You ask me why call it older tech..... um.... because technically it is, why i use the words "On paper its older tech" thats exactly what it means

HTC can mock Samsung all they want, and still put in older hardware. HTC can easily 'One' Up the S5 without upping it in hardware specs. A superior build quality, better designed OS, and a dual camera are all awesome enough to easily 'One' Up the S5 in my standards.

Posted from my Nexus 5

japetty

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site

No mention of a sd card slot either. But it does have a 2 year warranty.

I looked it over a couple times for the sd slot and did not see any mention. Memory only shows 32 gb. They only show one side of the phone in the picture. Real disappointed not mentioning an sd and only 32gb. If this is all they put out with this thing I will have to go with an S5 or wait for something else.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Snapdragon 800? Already behind the GS5 and it's Snapdragon 801. lolspecs.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I looked it over a couple times for the sd slot and did not see any mention. Memory only shows 32 gb. They only show one side of the phone in the picture. Real disappointed not mentioning an sd and only 32gb. If this is all they put out with this thing I will have to go with an S5 or wait for something else.

I don't think these "specs" are the real deal.

doc31

May 15, 2010
Visit site

LMAO we're really going to take specs from a seller using a leaked & watermarked photo as fact! Come on.

KSDroid01

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site

Don't discount the possibility that this carrier page is a pre-release mockup filled with spec rumor data as placeholders until the "real" data is provided by HTC. The infamous 12-minute video of the ATT developer edition M8 clearly showed an sd card slot on the right side above the volume rocker.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site

Don't discount the possibility that this carrier page is a pre-release mockup filled with spec rumor data as placeholders until the "real" data is provided by HTC. The infamous 12-minute video of the ATT developer edition M8 clearly showed an sd card slot on the right side above the volume rocker.

Posted via the "Best Smartphone of 2013" One

Which would still make it fake.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site

The only people that know the M8 specs are the people not saying anything.

Everything else is a guess.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site

Considering they was mocking Samsung and the S5, the use of the S800 surprises me, especially with the One Up slogan they have used.... everything seems to be One Down
everything seems to be One Down
and that was the exact moment I stopped taking you seriously as a consumer, and started thinking of you as a guy who thinks an overclocked 800 makes a phone king above all.

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
everything seems to be One Down
and that was the exact moment I stopped taking you seriously as a consumer, and started thinking of you as a guy who thinks an overclocked 800 makes a phone king above all.

Where did i say that?, seems to be some feelings hurt in here which I don't understand why.

How can you say you stop taking me serious as a consumer? A consumer is someone who is the final user of said item.... your attempt at a snide remark didn't come off to well I'm afraid.

I'm fully aware that software optimizations go a long way... I've had almost every phone avaliable in the last 12 months. Again I will say I am not a spec freak.... but I will make the same statement as before. The a 800 is not as new as the 801, it's not just clock speed that's different. .. you do realize that right?

Posted via Android Central App

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

Where did i say that?, seems to be some feelings hurt in here which I don't understand why.

How can you say you stop taking me serious as a consumer? A consumer is someone who is the final user of said item.... your attempt at a snide remark didn't come off to we'll I'm afraid.

I'm fully aware that software optimizations go a long way... I've had almost every phone avaliable in the last 12 months. Again I will say I am not a spec freak.... but I will make the same statement as before. The a 800 is not as new as the 801, it's not just clock speed that's different. .. you do realize that right?

Actually other than clock speed and the support for a new type of memory, there is no differences.

Posted from my Nexus 5

angry english

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site

Let me just add this... and you can find me saying this elsewhere in the past.... The HTC One was my favorite device of 2013, nothing came close in my opinion.

What I'm saying is... IF these are the specs I'm a little surprised, not because of what someone else's phone has but with what HTC said when some other phone was released.

For some reason some of you think I'm bashing the phone ... kinda strange really

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary