Unlocked HTC One (M8) vs. AT&T model?

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm debating between the unlocked and at&t version since I'm paying outright prices anyways. From the information we already assuming with the software updates coming faster and minimal bloatware, is there any disadvantages to getting the unlocked version over the at&t version that we can see at this point? Thanks.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: HTC m8 unlocked vs at&t

Assuming the band support is there for LTE I would get the unlocked version, or Developer Edition if they release one.

tmx31415

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site

I'm waiting to buy direct from HTC so I can bypass AT&T.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, I hope they offer color options this year on the unlocked phone also and at least a 32gb, not 16gb.

onthezone

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

So now that I see all the frequency I'm a little confused if its going to work at its full potential for the unlocked device with the LTE bands. If someone could clear this up for me I would appreciate it. Thanks

Grokr

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site

Hi,

I placed an order for the unlocked M8 on HTCs USA website. It should ship in a week or so. From what I've read this phone supports AT&Ts LTE band. But, I want to be sure before they ship it. Has anyone actually activated the unlocked or developer phone on AT&T and been able to use LTE? Is there anything special AT&T needs to do? Was AT&T willing to do it without giving you any problems? I'll be porting my number from Verizon since their coverage is horrible where I work in the buildings and they have had AT&T install repeaters in the building and others have great service with AT&T in the buildings.

Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy