I've got an HTC One (M8), you have questions. Fire away.

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

Thank you. I really hope they did add an LED light with more colors than the M7.

Is the phone harder to hold with one hand than the M7, considering it's bigger and has a different metal finish? From the reviews I've read, it seems like the metal-finish is smoother/slipperier but the rounded edges are more comfortable to hold

Edit: Have you noticed any difference in videos now that the M8 doesn't come with OIS?

I think it's fair to say it's a little harder to hold.

And I'll upload video of landing at LGA tonight.

Posted via Android Central App

ucfgrad93

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site

I have an M7, how can I change the HTC Weather Clock 4x1 to a white background as shown in this pic.

Attachments

• weather.jpg
    weather.jpg
    346.3 KB · Views: 157

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

I have an M7, how can I change the HTC Weather Clock 4x1 to a white background as shown in this pic.

Kinda the wrong thread for that question. But look in the widget drawer and see if it's an option on the M7.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Going along with the questions about the SD card (and I'm obviously very familiar with the changes in Kit Kat), can you make the default storage option in the camera/gallery the SD card so that the pictures and videos are automatically saved there instead of the internal storage? I know it's up to the app to take advantage of the new API's, and I'm hoping that HTC did.

Crazyfist

May 19, 2010
Visit site

How to I make emails always how images? What about having emails always open scaled down so I can see the entire thing without scrolling side to side

LCW

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I've got an M8, you have questions. Fire away.

Any iPhone owners switch to the M8? Care to chime in on if you are satisfied?

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

Oh, any announcement concerning first party wireless charging cases from HTC? (the Dots case should have included this in my opinion)

Buck-eye

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site

Phil,
Some of us don't do the "get a new phone every year" thing because of stupid two year contracts. I'm sure the HTC One 2014 crushes the Galaxy S3 in all spec areas but what about the camera?

If I am used to the quality of the 8mp shooter on the S3 how will the images coming from the new HTC One compare?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site

Phil,

Your review seemed to indicate that the camera was the biggest negative about the phone. I've read that the new M8 camera doesn't have optical image stabilisation (OIS). Overall is the image quality better, worse, or on par with what the M7 produced?

Seems like you were not happy with the camera overall, which is a shame to see as I'm so close to pulling the trigger and ordering one.

Lecrae116

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site

Phil,

Your review seemed to indicate that the camera was the biggest negative about the phone. I've read that the new M8 camera doesn't have optical image stabilisation (OIS). Overall is the image quality better, worse, or on par with what the M7 produced?

Seems like you were not happy with the camera overall, which is a shame to see as I'm so close to pulling the trigger and ordering one.

Can someone give the link to the review?

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site

Is the Verizon version unlocked to be used on AT&T and T-Mobile? And does it support LTE or at least HSPA+ on either of them?

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Phil,

I've also said I think I might have been a little harsh on the camera. But of I had to pick something to single out, that'd be it.

And there's an anti-shake mode on the camera.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Going along with the questions about the SD card (and I'm obviously very familiar with the changes in Kit Kat), can you make the default storage option in the camera/gallery the SD card so that the pictures and videos are automatically saved there instead of the internal storage? I know it's up to the app to take advantage of the new API's, and I'm hoping that HTC did.

Yes.

Phil Nickinson

Apr 21, 2009
Visit site

Phil,
Some of us don't do the "get a new phone every year" thing because of stupid two year contracts. I'm sure the HTC One 2014 crushes the Galaxy S3 in all spec areas but what about the camera?

If I am used to the quality of the 8mp shooter on the S3 how will the images coming from the new HTC One compare?

I actually kinda envy those people. :p

This phone is a generation ahead, easy.