04-09-2014 09:35 PM
105 ... 2345
tools
    Its worth the upgrade from the S4 to the S5, which is what I am also doing
    - S4 battery sucks, S5 batter is great
    - Camera is much better on the S5
    - Water resistant
    What is the battery life difference between the S4 and S5? I haven't seen anything about it lately.

Posted via Android Central App
    03-26-2014 05:11 PM
    Attachment 109465

Yay! I get to use this again in 2014.

Samsung is proud, and loves you even more now that you've come into the forums for a competing device and told everyone how great they are. Hold your Samsung device tightly, and listen for it to whisper sweet nothings into your ear ...

OP Ignore these fanboy clowns from both sides. Buy what you like the most. If you ask them for an opinion, this is all you'll ever get because they have zero self control and think their choice of smartphone is a measure of self-worth.
    The OP question should not have been asked in the first place...we all knew this would happen
    These types of questions are subjective, and there will never be a single answer
    OP should just do his research and decide what he wants and what he needs
    ....though I admit...this is pretty entertaining
    Jerry Hildenbrand likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:15 PM
    What is the battery life difference between the S4 and S5? I haven't seen anything about it lately.

I haven't seen it expressed as time yet, but its larger capacity with a much, much, much more efficient processor.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    ErnstMach likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:15 PM

The battery life on the S4 sucks, it only gets about 4 hrs of screen time (in my experience)
    The S5 battery has tested to get up to 12 hours of screen time (depends on the use), and thats without the extreme power saving mode
    ErnstMach likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:16 PM
    Are either of these phones better than the lg2?

03-26-2014 05:24 PM

I was talking with a phone rep at Costco, and he said my S4 was better than the LG G2, so I'm guessing the S5 and M8 would be better than the G2 as well

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't seen it expressed as time yet, but its larger capacity with a much, much, much more efficient processor.

XTNiT-1060 through spacetime.
    Here is the review of the S5 battery from a russian reviewer...it has gotten 12 hrs screen time

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...xy-s5.shtml#s6
    03-26-2014 05:25 PM
    I was talking with a phone rep at Costco, and he said my S4 was better than the LG G2, so I'm guessing the S5 and M8 would be better than the G2 as well

S4 better than the LG? I don't think so...

Speaking objectively, the LG G2 rolls the S4 in every way, from screen to camera and battery life. The one minus is that it doesn't have a SD card slot.
    03-26-2014 05:27 PM

They both have some things they're better at, but all three and a few other devices are in the same league. Neither device departed much from their own early 2013 devices other than the bump up to the general specs and battery life expectations of their competition. Both are VERY solid in their own right, but depending on carrier and use case, for many people the G2, Droid Maxx, Moto X, Nexus 5, Sony Z2, iPhone 5s or others may still make sense. The One M8 and Galaxy S5 are both easily top 10 list devices.
    03-26-2014 05:31 PM
    S4 better than the LG? I don't think so...

Speaking objectively, the LG G2 rolls the S4 in every way, from screen to camera and battery life. The one minus is that it doesn't have a SD card slot.
    And. Here. We. Go. Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Here is the review of the S5 battery from a russian reviewer...it has gotten 12 hrs screen time

http://www.mobile-review.com/review/...xy-s5.shtml#s6
    I had the s4 definitely not better than lg2

Galaxy s2, Galaxy blaze 4G, Galaxy s3 and Galaxy s4 = next up S5
    Tina Williams s5 likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:32 PM
    I'd love debating that one haha. If the S4 were indeed better than the G2, yes that would logically follow. I think he'd be hard pressed to prove that case. The S4 crowd likes the spec sheet and the G2 nailed the spec sheet; it's better or equal to the S4 and Nexus 5 on just about every line item.
    smooth4lyfe likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:34 PM
    I'd love debating that one haha. If the S4 were indeed better than the G2, yes that would logically follow. I think he'd be hard pressed to prove that case. The S4 crowd likes the spec sheet and the G2 nailed the spec sheet; it's better or equal to the S4 and Nexus 5 on just about every line item.
    One thing that I will grant the S4 over the G2 is the UI. Touchwiz, while also a little crazy, seems much more navigable than the redundant, feature-in-every-direction style of the LG skin.

03-26-2014 05:37 PM
    The battery life on the S4 sucks, it only gets about 4 hrs of screen time (in my experience)
    The S5 battery has tested to get up to 12 hours of screen time (depends on the use), and thats without the extreme power saving mode
    I hope users aren't expecting 12 hours + based on that test. That's with the network off, sound off, and essentially they just have the screen on (at full brightness). Get the LTE fired up and start using it and we'll get a different number. Based on their test with the S4 (9.5 hours) and their test with the S5 (12 hours) they're essentially saying (12-9.5)/9.5 = 26% better screen on time than the S4 (without factoring in power savings) so if your 4 hours is typical, we should expect 5 hours. If 6 hours is typical, 7.5, etc. In either case, that's not slouching and the S801 will be MUCH better at handling idle time than the S600 was, so I'd fully expect most users to be able to get through their day with ease on the S5.
    03-26-2014 05:39 PM
    I hope users aren't expecting 12 hours + based on that test. That's with the network off, sound off, and essentially they just have the screen on (at full brightness). Get the LTE fired up and start using it and we'll get a different number. Based on their test with the S4 (9.5 hours) and their test with the S5 (12 hours) they're essentially saying (12-9.5)/9.5 = 26% better screen on time than the S4 (without factoring in power savings) so if your 4 hours is typical, we should expect 5 hours. If 6 hours is typical, 7.5, etc. In either case, that's not slouching and the S801 will be MUCH better at handling idle time than the S600 was, so I'd fully expect most users to be able to get through their day with ease on the S5.
    Yup I figured it was without the features on, but its still pretty impressive compared to the S4
    Battery is one of the biggest reasons Im switching to the S5 and I know I will be happy with it
    Aquila likes this.
    03-26-2014 05:50 PM
    I'd take the M8, I mean come on its metal gs5 is plastic. m8 looks better too. GS5 has huge bezels.

Hold on a sec... I know ur not going on about the bezel of the GS5... Look at the M8... See that giant thing below the screen not doing anything but telling you who made it..

As for being metal... no big deal.. Otterbox no matter which one i pick so..... yeah....
    03-26-2014 08:16 PM
    Please keep things civil.

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro
    03-26-2014 08:22 PM
    AnTuTu benchmark is apparently highest on S5
    03-27-2014 05:44 AM
    AnTuTu benchmark is apparently highest on S5
    Do we know if those benchmarks haven't been gamed yet, like it was last year.
    03-27-2014 08:21 AM
    What phone would you rather have the iPhone 6, m8 or the s5?
    03-27-2014 08:35 AM
    What phone would you rather have the iPhone 6, m8 or the s5?
    Maybe a Nexus 6?
    03-27-2014 09:05 AM
    Do we know if those benchmarks haven't been gamed yet, like it was last year.
    They are legit.

Samsung’s fix for benchmark boosting on Galaxy Note 3 and S4 gets them relisted in Futuremark database | SamMobile
    03-27-2014 11:54 AM
    My one is coming today. I am going to try it out over the next week and see if I can live with the camera and larger height of the device. I really want to like this but really worried about the size and camera. Otherwise I will be heading to the S5.
    03-27-2014 12:17 PM
    My one is coming today. I am going to try it out over the next week and see if I can live with the camera and larger height of the device. I really want to like this but really worried about the size and camera. Otherwise I will be heading to the S5.
    My concerns as well, please keep us updated.
    03-27-2014 12:22 PM
    My concerns as well, please keep us updated.
    I have had it for about a day size seems fine to me but I have big hands. I am 6'2" also the camera seems to take good pictures. I am very pleased. Better than my N5 and more consistent. The phone is just really nice all around. Right now it looks like a keeper until next year.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    madlaw1071 and Aquila like this.
    03-28-2014 11:12 AM
105 ... 2345