HTC One (M8) Developer Edition

madkoda12

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
So I just ordered the Developer Edition (I'm on T-Mobile) and i hope everything will work out well. Currently have the Nexus 5 google store edition. I went back on the site to review the specs of it but the developer edition isn't displayed anymore. I kinda rushed the order cause I was so excited and I didn't get to see how much internal storage it has, I hope it's the 32gb variant. From what I understand this phone only comes in 16gb and 32gb this time around, last year the Developer Edition was 64gb. I also called in to verify my order and was told that the Unlocked version would ship today/tonight and the Developer Edition would be shipping sometime next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Re: Developer Edition

Would you be able to provide the number that you called? I had trouble getting through.

Posted via Android Central App on Moto X

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

Checked my order status for the developer edition for T-mobile and saw it said Customer Contact Required. I called 866-416-3059 and have been on hold for 33 mins so far. Was told 30 people ahead of me.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Checked my order status for the developer edition for T-mobile and saw it said Customer Contact Required. I called 866-416-3059 and have been on hold for 33 mins so far. Was told 30 people ahead of me.

Developer edition shipping on 4/3 from IL.

Is all they wanted is to let you know is wasn't shipping until 4/3? I'm on hold now and if that's all it is, I can hang up.

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site

No, you have to prove it's you for fraud reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Update on when I check the status of my order:

Picking & Packing
We are currently picking your product(s).

Estimated Shipping Date: Tuesday, March 25, 2014
Estimated Delivery Date: Wednesday, March 26, 2014

So, let's see if it actually ships today.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

After I did the verification, it now says it will ship today and I'll get it Thursday. That would be nice but I'm not counting on it. Last year I ordered the Dev version but ended up canceling when I found out I could get it faster through Tmobile (my carrier at the time). I think I may wait this time, it's only a few more days, I really want the dev edition.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site

After I did the verification, it now says it will ship today and I'll get it Thursday. That would be nice but I'm not counting on it. Last year I ordered the Dev version but ended up canceling when I found out I could get it faster through Tmobile (my carrier at the time). I think I may wait this time, it's only a few more days, I really want the dev edition.

Same here. Says it will ship today and be delivered tomorrow. I'd lean towards this being wrong though based on the conversation I had with the HTC rep. Oh well, if it does get delivered I'll be pleasantly surprised.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

I'm not messing with letstalk. They did similar stuff last year. Kept changing shipping dates and canceling orders. I just decides to not deal with them at all. I hope everyone's order turns out fine.

steve0617

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site

Is there a difference between developer edition and unlocked?

I was curious about that too and it seems (but I can't verify since it's gone), that the DE has CDMA bands and the unlocked/Google version didn't. But that was a quick glance when it first went on sale so I might be remembering it wrong. Don't even remember which CMDA bands I thought I saw.

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
HTC One: Developer Edition on T-Mobile

Will the developer edition work with T-mobile's 4G and LTE band(s)? Or will the M8 be like the previous version and not always work.

Last edited by a moderator:

mackie99

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Re: Developer Edition on T-mobile

I asked on Twitter and this is what I received from @HTCUSA: The developer edition will support several LTE bands. More details on the #HTCOneM8 developer edition to come!

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Developer Edition on T-mobile

I asked on Twitter and this is what I received from @HTCUSA: The developer edition will support several LTE bands. More details on the #HTCOneM8 developer edition to come!

Looking forward to more info on this for sure.

EvoKnvl

May 1, 2012
Visit site

Same here. Says it will ship today and be delivered tomorrow. I'd lean towards this being wrong though based on the conversation I had with the HTC rep. Oh well, if it does get delivered I'll be pleasantly surprised.

It was the same way last year for the M7 Dev. It showed shipping today. Tomorrow, the dates will change and it'll show shipping that day etc. I would lean towards the 4/3 date (like they told me when I verified my order.)

pacspud

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I may be a bit slow today... can you point me to where to order the unlocked or developer editions? I'm only seeing the carrier options on htc.com....?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21